DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

RE: Bitcoin Quantum Computers

Good people, on my piece on mining Bitcoins and solving the NP-Complete maths problem with quantum mechanics-based machines over the classical Newtonian computers of today, the reference that National Assembly should invest to build quantum machines was obviously a joke. Please do not send a proposal quoting me.

I was simply having fun that if we can do it, we can mine all the Bitcoins available overnight for Nigeria. Sure, I do not expect Nigeria to waste its money on that. That was a joke as noted in the blog.

Yet, the thesis remains, if you use polynomial time with fast multiplication over sub-exponential time, you can crack Bitcoins faster. But doing that means you must have a quantum computer as Shor noted decades ago. But no quantum computer is stable enough for that. And do not propose to Nigeria to invest in one. We just need to invest on electricity as this time.

Tekedia Mini-MBA edition 14 (June 3 – Sept 2, 2024) begins registrations; get massive discounts with early registration here.

Tekedia AI in Business Masterclass opens registrations here.

Join Tekedia Capital Syndicate and invest in Africa’s finest startups here.