DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie's Hillary Clinton Confusion

My dear sisters and brothers, there is nothing wrong having in your bio that you are a husband, wife, father or mother. Our young sister, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie   should not inspire you with her interview with Hillary Clinton.  She lives in New York or somewhere in America. But we are Africans – we love our strong family values.

If we lose that family strength, we all die because we have no government that can support us in Africa.  In America, the government can be your wife, husband, father and mother. But in Africa, we have no government.

Yes, if Hillary Clinton is proud to begin her Twitter handle with “Wife”, that is her decision. She was a Senator, Sec State, FLOTUS (First Lady of the United States), attorney etc. She did not do it out of ignorance.  That her husband Bill Clinton Twitter bio did not start with “Husband” is also his rights.

Tekedia Mini-MBA edition 14 (June 3 – Sept 2, 2024) begins registrations; get massive discounts with early registration here.

Tekedia AI in Business Masterclass opens registrations here.

Join Tekedia Capital Syndicate and invest in Africa’s finest startups here.

In your Twitter account, the first word that describes you is wife. And then I think it's mom, and then it's grandmother," Adichie said at the PEN World Voices festival.
"And when I saw that, I have to confess that I felt just a little bit upset. And then I went and I looked at your husband's Twitter account, and the first word was not husband.

Feminism does not need to be fanatical and from the lens of New York. Check the public bios of many African executives; they always end with “married with children”.  The men celebrate the wives; the wives celebrate the husbands.

Sure – we need to make the world even for boys and girls, men and women. But we need to respect people to present themselves the way they want. Hillary Clinton does not need to be reminded by a young African woman whom she is.

Our government is our family because we have none. In New York, they are married to their governments and can afford to forget families. No matter how you look at it, there are people that treasure the title of Wife as more valuable than CEO or Attorney. I have also seen men that left America back to Nigeria because the wives could not get visas. That you are a Wife or Husband is normal.