DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Mobile Money is Growing in Nigeria

Mobile Money seems to be ticking up in Nigeria, according to data from NIBSS.

Nigeria has recorded a 50 percent increase in the volume of mobile money within the period of January to September this year.

[...]

Figures released by the NIBSS, show that in the nine months under review, volume of mobile money transaction is N1.2 trillion. This is a huge increase, compared with N795. 18 billion recorded in the same period last year.

The figures also revealed that the number of mobile money customer also rose from 3.2 million recorded in 2017 to 5.54 million during the same period this year.

The IT and mobile industry is one of the best growing industries in the world. They have given so much employment to the people in the past fifteen years. I hope that the government will try to help them in expanding their operations to the remote areas as well.

"I hope that the government will try to help them in expanding their operations to the remote areas as well." I do hope as well. It offers promises to our world.

Tekedia Mini-MBA edition 14 (June 3 – Sept 2, 2024) begins registrations; get massive discounts with early registration here.

Tekedia AI in Business Masterclass opens registrations here.

Join Tekedia Capital Syndicate and invest in Africa’s finest startups here.