DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Students of Today, Professionals of tomorrow!

Babatunde Fatai is a creative finals student of UNILORIN skilled in 3D animation & unity development

Richard Afahaene is a Petroleum Engineering FUTO student whose leadership skill is unparalleled

Nicholate Osinachi yet another FUTO student. She is a creative writer who started a thriving book club

Tekedia Mini-MBA edition 14 (June 3 – Sept 2, 2024) begins registrations; get massive discounts with early registration here.

Tekedia AI in Business Masterclass opens registrations here.

Join Tekedia Capital Syndicate and invest in Africa’s finest startups here.

Yes, they're many unemployable youths out there but we are experiencing a new wave; this generation of students are not only excelling in their academics but also in the areas of entrepreneurship and personal development.

Social Entrepreneurship, Content development, Software development, Creative Design, Public Speaking, etc. are all popular concepts amongst students today, How cool?

To students and job seekers with no idea on which way, here's what I learnt earlier this year; Visit job boards of companies you're interested in and look at positions you'd love to occupy. Now copy out the technical requirements, they are indications of skills relevant in your field.
Start learning, beginning with the most occurring skill across several job boards
Don't rush it, grow progressively!

Here's an action call...
Take a minute to introduce yourself and your skills(or skills you'd love to gain). Also, do share talents you require and tips for students & job seekers.
Don't forget to share!

Ikwuka Chibuike Franklin has reacted to this post.
Ikwuka Chibuike Franklin

Very nice article I must commend but you see, it's not everyone that has the opportunity to visit job boards of big companies with attention given to them. Google these days are our greatest friend. You can Google anything, ask direct questions to mentors in the same field/experienced in the position of which you seek to occupy. On the other hand, first time job seekers most times do not land directly that dream job of theirs owing to time and frustration despite having the whole skills required, because the organization which will proffer such opportunities are not forth coming.

Some times, the roles different from their choice might be influenced by what they see in others, success stories of others without incorporating their persona. They may land a different role and develop enthusiasm for that.

Personally, I wanted to study medicine with interest in Neurosurgery(after watching gifted hands by Dr. Ben Carson) , but admission was not forthcoming, now I'm Studying Electrical Electronic Engineering and I'm proud of it. Thanking God always for not granting me that Medicine and Surgery admission then.

Grace and hard work matters. But sometimes, grace of God does it all.

Victor Mba and Ikwuka Chibuike Franklin have reacted to this post.
Victor MbaIkwuka Chibuike Franklin

"Personally, I wanted to study medicine with interest in Neurosurgery(after watching gifted hands by Dr. Ben Carson) , but admission was not forthcoming, now I'm Studying Electrical Electronic Engineering and I'm proud of it. " Congrats Chibuike. EEE is great. Make the best of it.

Victor Mba and Ikwuka Chibuike Franklin have reacted to this post.
Victor MbaIkwuka Chibuike Franklin

Thanks Prof.

Victor Mba has reacted to this post.
Victor Mba

Thanks for sharing this Chibuike!

"...it's not everyone that has the opportunity to visit job boards of big companies with attention given to them." Indeed, it's not!. However, visiting the career sections of these companies' website reveals as much information.

Also, the focus here is on personal development rather than landing a particular job position. So the skills you may acquire might be what sets you apart even if you land an unexpected job.

Finally, just as Prof said... Make the most of your Electrical and Electronics Engineering, it is a great course.

Ikwuka Chibuike Franklin has reacted to this post.
Ikwuka Chibuike Franklin

Thanks you very much @victormba34

You made good points here.