DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

The Aisha Buhari's N2.5 Billion

This is hard news – the wife of the President, Mrs Aisha Buhari, has petitioned State Security Service (SSS) that her ADC (the guy that stays at attention at her side) defrauded her N2.5 Billion (~ $7 million).

“PREMIUM TIMES had reported Monday how Mrs Buhari petitioned the police alleging her ADC defrauded her of N2.5 billion.” And the SSS has confirmed that the guy, Mr Baba-Inna, is in custody.

The first time I came to city, to attend a university, I had the opportunity of watching 3 movies in Owerri. As a village boy, I struggled to understand the Godfather, Sicilian Clan and Scarface (yes, Tony Montana). The acts were sophisticated to a guy who used to spend all the time in the farms.

Tekedia Mini-MBA edition 14 (June 3 – Sept 2, 2024) begins registrations; get massive discounts with early registration here.

Tekedia AI in Business Masterclass opens registrations here.

Join Tekedia Capital Syndicate and invest in Africa’s finest startups here.

But those movies pale to Nigeria. We have real-life Montanas.

Arrest the ADC, he stole MY N2.5 billion. But when you read the piece, you will just pity Mrs Buhari. Simply, she is alleging the ADC was collecting money from people on her behalf. They checked the guy’s bank accounts and say N30k and searched his house and found N1,200 (I am not making this up).

“Shockingly, investigators only found N1,200 cash in the House. His bank account was also investigated and had only a balance of N30,000 while the transaction records showed that most credits to the account were his salaries and allowances.”

This explains all – everyone is on high-voltage tension in Nigeria. If you visit a bar and tell people that the man standing at attention behind Mrs Buhari has N1,200 in his house, you would be lucky if they do not break your head.

Madam, this guy did not collect N2.5 billion on your behalf. There is no way on earth he would have done that and has only N1,200 in his home. It is impossible! Do not make him to lose his job. He needs that job please to support his family. I join others to beg you on his behalf!

A nation in motion.

Update

The office of the wife of President Muhammadu Buhari has just sent the statement below to PREMIUM TIMES explaining the circumstances surrounding the arrest and detention of her Aide De Camp, Sani Baban-Inna.

Read full statement below.

Press Statement from the Wife of the President

The attention of wife of the President, Dr. Mrs. Aisha Muhammadu Buhari has been drawn to some media publications and releases purporting illegal detention of her Aide De Camp (ADC) over allegations of fraud.

The story as it pertains to her ADC, Chief Superintendent of Police (CSP) Sani Baban-Inna has it that he has been detained on the orders of Her Excellency for dropping her name and defrauding unsuspecting officials and associates. She wishes to use this opportunity to refute such allegation and to state that she has no hand in his arrest and detention.

CSP Sani Baban-Inna has been her ADC since 2016 and has been associated with her ever since. To the utter dismay of Her Excellency, he has used the opportunity to defraud unsuspecting associates and officials as initial investigations have shown.

The Nigeria Police Force, his employers arrested him to investigate the allegations leveled against him, this, being within their jurisdiction.

She therefore wishes to use this opportunity to inform the general public that she has never sent any of her staff to collect any favours on her behalf or on behalf of her children and will never do so. She is therefore imploring anyone that has been defrauded by Mr. Baban-Inna to get across to him to retrieve whatever he took from them. Mrs. Buhari wishes to reiterate that she will not condone fraudulent behavior by any of her staff.

She uses this opportunity to call on all those in positions of authority to rise above intimidation by their aides and deal with such attitudes as extortion by name-dropping, especially within the Presidency. As she always emphasizes, this government was voted into office based on the trust and confidence of the people.

Suleiman Haruna
Director of Information
to Wife of the President
State House
Abuja