Last week, my co-owned California-based investment banking institution, JPL Financial Group, closed a deal with Guangdong Provincial ChangDa Highway Engineering Co., Ltd (CGCD) to help the Chinese firm accelerate its vision in Africa.
JPL Financial Group is a joint venture formed by John Lee and Prof Ndubuisi Ekekwe. Mr. Lee was formerly a Senior Vice President in a big US investment bank and later a Senior Vice President with UBS International. Prof Ekekwe founded FASMICRO Group, an Africa-operating holding company.
CGCD is a state-supported enterprise, under the Central Government of China and China Central Bank. It is big in infrastructure and has been operating for over 60 years.
China Guangdong Provincial Changda Highway Engineering Co Ltd (CGCD), founded in 1952, is an extra-large engineering enterprise including design, construction, scientific research and capital operation, possessing the qualifications of super-A class for general contract on highway construction, A class for highway design and the “Approval for Enterprises with Foreign Trade Rights” for executing international
projects. The main business covers the construction of highways, bridges, tunnels, ports and navigation channels, railways, house building and municipal public works, highway investment and operation & management, highway investigation & design, highway maintenance, engineering equipment & machinery supply, professional training and others. Market development scatters in thirteen domestic provinces and cities including Guangdong, Guangxi, Zhejiang, Jiangxi, Fujian, etc., and foreign countries such as Mongolia, Yemen, Nepal, Pakistan, Zambia, Cambodia, D.R. Congo, Vietnam, Malaysia, etc. Up to now, CGCD has become a great enterprise including seven branch companies, five wholly-owned subsidiary companies, six equity participation companies, one engineering design institute and one training school.
We are looking for public sector infrastructure projects. The value must be at least $100 million, though we can consider $50 million in some specific sectors. Our funding capacity runs into billions of dollars and must be government projects. The broad terms are as follows:
- Sovereign guarantee from the local government
- 10% down payment by local government; we will finance the balance 90%
- Financing is multi-year with grace period for loan payment
- Loan interest is in low single digit
If your government has an opportunity or you know government that does, please reach us with the following:
- A letter stating that your government offers sovereign guarantee for the specific project
- A letter stating that you can provide the 10% down payment
- An investment brief of maximum of two pages stating the big picture of the project and the estimated project cost.
Email it to [email protected]
Our team will review your project. We do not fund projects in Sudan and Somali, owing to U.S. trade restrictions.
Ndubuisi Ekekwe, PhD
Co-Chairman/President ! JPL Financial Group, USA
1. Advance your career with Tekedia Mini-MBA (Feb 7 – May 7, 2022): 140 global faculty, online, self-paced, $140 (or N60,000 naira). Click and register here.
2. Click to join Tekedia Capital Syndicate and own a piece of Africa’s finest startups with a minimum of $10,000 investment.