DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Entrepreneurs, Not Small Business Owners

Let us clear the confusion on the piece where I noted that fresh graduates aspiring to become entrepreneurs should work for say 2-3 years. Many are citing that one does not need to work before becoming a freelancer, etc.

If you read carefully, I made sure I said Entrepreneur, not a small business owner. A freelancer is a SMALL BUSINESS OWNER. I used the word an entrepreneur in the piece. I did not say you need experience to start a small business. I said you need experience to become an Entrepreneur, in NIGERIA.

I have always noted that entrepreneurs are not the same as small business owners. In Oshodi market, even though World Bank would call the market women entrepreneurs [yes, we empowered 10,000 Women Entrepreneurs Last Year in Africa!], I do not - I call them small business owners. The main difference is the scalable advantage which entrepreneurs have unlike small business owners who may run a shop for 30 years with no growth.

Tekedia Mini-MBA edition 14 (June 3 – Sept 2, 2024) begins registrations; get massive discounts with early registration here.

Tekedia AI in Business Masterclass opens registrations here.

Join Tekedia Capital Syndicate and invest in Africa’s finest startups here.

As you comment, please have this distinction in mind. It was actually explained in the full piece. Hope this clears this up.