Invent, innovate and drive organizational transformation, performance, and growth. Capture emerging opportunities in changing markets while optimizing innovation and profitability. Digitally evolve your business or functional area, turning digital disruption into a competitive capability and advantage. Master the concepts of building category-king companies, and thrive.
Registration for Tekedia Mini-MBA edition 3 begins. This program is a 4-month weekly innovation management program, beginning Aug 10 to Dec 3, 2020. It will comprise videos, flash cases, written materials and webinars delivered online, and optimized for business execution and growth, with digital operational overlay. When we finish, we will issue a certificate from the Tekedia Institute USA.
Register and join us. You will emerge transformed with tools and capabilities that engineer confidence, performance and growth. Accelerate your leadership ascent with us and have access to speak with me on your career and professional development! Tekedia is also unveiling certificate courses.
|MINI||Tekedia Mini-MBA costs US$140 (N50,000 naira) per person.|
|MINR||Add extra (optional) $30 or N10,000 if you want us to review and provide feedback on your labs.|
|Add extra (optional) $60 or N20,000 for each certificate specialty course. You must have attended, begun or about attending Tekedia Mini-MBA to qualify. The following Certificate tracks are available:|
|CLSM||Certificate in Logistics and Supply Chain Management|
|CSBM||Certificate in Startup and Small Business Management|
|CETS||Certificate in Exponential Technologies and Singularity|
|CPCD||Certificate in Personal Career Development|
|CPFM||Certificate in Personal Finance & Wealth Management|
|CBIS||Certificate in Business Innovation, Growth & Sustainability|
The Certificate program is completely capstone-based. Tekedia capstone is a research paper or a case study exploring a topic, market, sector or a company. Tekedia Institute supervises the work.
How To Register:
- PayPal: follow this link and pay $140 US dollars (or more if adding the optional components). It supports most global currencies.
- Bank transfer (Nigerian naira): Pay N50,000 (or more if adding the optional components) into any of:
- GTBank 0114016493
- UBA 1019195493
- Account owner: First Atlantic Semiconductors & Microelectronics.
- Flutterwave: follow this link (naira) or this one (USD) to use your Verve, Visa, Mastercard, Amex, etc cards across Africa and beyond.
- Automatic Access: Pay via this Tekedia link for self-automatic enrollment with username.
- Zelle: email us for the Zelle phone number for transfer
After payment, email [email protected] with participant’s name and code or program paid for, to complete the registration.
Early Bird Registration Benefits Extended To Aug 7
- Access to any Facyber Certificate program for free. Facyber offers online cybersecurity programs on policy, technology, management, and forensics.
- Get free ebooks: Africa’s Sankofa Innovation and “The Dangote System: Techniques for Building Conglomerates”
Video presents overview of Tekedia mini-MBA.
Theme: Innovation, Growth & Digital Execution – Techniques for Building Category-King Companies
Over the last few decades, digital technology has emerged as a very critical element in organizational competitiveness. It has transformed industrial sectors and anchored new business architectures, redesigning markets and facilitating efficiency in the allocation and utilization of factors of production. The impacts have been consequential: nations like Nigeria are moving towards knowledge-based economic structures and information societies, comprising networks of individuals, firms and states that are linked electronically and in interdependent relationships. In this program, we will examine this redesign within the context of fixing market frictions and deploying growth business frameworks in a world of perception demand where meeting needs and expectations of customers are not enough.
Program Time: Aug 10 – Dec 3, 2020
Venue & Format: Online via videos, articles, webinars, and flash cases. Program is self-paced which means you consume the materials at your own time and pace.It is completely online. You will have something to complete within 7 days. You decide when you do that within the window. Where you live or your time zone would not be an issue as program is not live-delivered.
Cost: US$140 (N50,000 naira) (20% discount for bulk registration of at least four). We have payment plan, i.e. installment payment plan.
Program Structure: The program structure is presented below.
Theme: Innovation, Growth & Digital Execution – Techniques for Building Category-King Companies
|1||Aug 10||Innovation & Growth
The Innovation and Growth of Firms – Prof Ndubuisi Ekekwe
Digital Transformation, Innovation & Strategy – Jude Ayoka, Manager, Access Bank Plc
Innovation Lessons: 5in5 (5 Firms in 5 Sectors) – Africa/Global – Aderinola Oloruntoye, Dean, Workforce Group
|2||Aug 17||Business Systems & Processes
Business Playbook, Manual and Execution – Prof Ndubuisi Ekekwe
Process Improvement and Operations Management – Rasheed T. Adebayo, Operations Manager, Schlumberger
Quality and Asset Management – Michael Odigie, Vice President Technical Services, Delek Logistics
|3||Aug 24||Business Model & Transformation
Modern Business Models and Growth – Prof Ndubuisi Ekekwe
Effective Organizational Change Management – Omowunmi Adenuga-Taiwo (ex Strategy Consulting Manager Deloitte)
Sector Transformation: Ecommerce – Olufemi S. Aiki, Co-Founder, Foodlocker
|4||Aug 31||Exponential Technologies and Singularity
– Transdisciplinary Agora for Future Discussions, Inc (TAFFD), Georgia, USA.
Edward Hudgins, PhD
Building Your Business Financial Models (templates included) – Michael Olafusi, Financial Analyst Fellow, Brightmore Capital; Lead Consultant, UrBizEdge
|5||Sept 7|| New Technologies, Growth, Disruptive Innovation
– Cybersecurity – Adetokunbo Omotosho, CEO, Infoprive
– Blockchain – Franklin Peters, CEO, Bitfxt
– AI & Cloud – Wale Olokodana, Azure Business, Microsoft
– Data Management, Big Data Analytics – Dr Adewole C. Ogunyadeka, esure Group Plc
|6||Sept 14||Finance, Investing, Fundraising
Investing and Fundraising – Victor Ndukauba, Deputy Managing Director, Afrinvest West Africa
Capital Market Operations – Azeez Lawal, CFO, TrustBanc Group
Personal Finance and Wealth Management – Japheth Jev, CIMA(UK), CGMA, ACA, Japheth Consulting
|7||Sept 21||Logistics & Supply Chain Management
Supply Chain Systems and Management – Ayodele Adenaike, COO, GIG Logistics
Outlook on Supply Chain Management – Luiz Paulo Silva Barreto, Graduate of MIT Supply Chain Management
Logistics – Samuel Akinniyi Ajiboyede, CEO, Zido Logistics
Lab #1 – Tekedia Institute
|8||Sept 28||Marketing, Sales Management & Business Objectives
Sales Management, Marketing and Growth – Moby Onuoha, Queen’s University
Stimulating New Markets Through Innovation And Perception Demand – Prof Ndubuisi Ekekwe
Execution – Business Objectives and Technologies, Nnamdi Onyebuchi, CEO, Weco Systems Group
|9||Oct 5||Live Session Q/A (will be recorded)
LIVE SESSION: Building Your Business Financial Models (templates included) – Michael Olafusi, Financial Analyst Fellow, Brightmore Capital; Lead Consultant, UrBizEdge
Winning in Business
Special Series on Winning in Business (all videos) – Prof Ndubuisi Ekekwe
• Session 1 – Readiness for The Frictions of Nations
• Session 2 – The Six to Unlock Values in Markets
• Session 3 – The Two Critical Playbooks
• Session 4 – Mechanics of growth & Investment Options
• Session 5 – Finding the Edges and Market Opportunities
• Deep Conversations – Answers to Big Questions
Career and Jobs During Pandemic – Captain Ola Olubawale, CEO, Seamate Australia
|10||Oct 12||Leadership and Human Capital
Business Process and Leadership – Prof. Ayodeji Oyebola, Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota
Human Resources Management .- Adora Ikwuemesi, Director Kendor Consulting
Leading and Managing Teams, Stakeholder Management with NICER Model – Dr. Chisom Ezeocha, Project Delivery Manager, Shell
|11||Oct 19||Product Development, Media & Branding
Media, Communications, and PR – Grace Akinosun, CEO, smepeaks
Branding and Advertising – Akachi Ngwu, Executive Director/COO, Luzo Digital Network & Media
Product Design and Packaging – Kemisola Oloriegbe, Manager, Nigerian Breweries Plc
|12||Oct 26|| Sector Innovation and Focus: Case Studies
– Fintech – Olugbenga GB Agboola, CEO / Co-Founder, Flutterwave
– EdTech – ‘Dimeji Falana, CEO, Edves
– Agtech – Ndubuisi Ekekwe, Founder, Zenvus
– HealthTech – Enoh John, CEO, Lafiya TeleHealth
Lab #2 – Tekedia Institute
|13||Nov 2||Career Week (see below)|
|14||Nov 9|| Global Markets & Projects
Global Energy Mix and Energy Economics – Chidi Nwosu, Senior Energy Analyst, Trading Operations, Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC)
Supply Chain Management, Global Partnership & Contracting – Adebayo Adeleke, ex-Chief of Contracting and Deputy Chief, Business Operations Division, US Army
Effective Project Management – Taiwo Abraham, Project Manager, Horizant
|15||Nov 16||Accounting & Auditing
Auditing, Forensics, Policies and Controls – Yusuf O. Sanni (ACA), Chief Internal Auditor, BUA Cement Plc
Internal Auditing Strategy for SMEs – Abel Osuji – Director, Internal Audit & Risk Control, African Export-Import Bank
Effective Financial Planning and Management – Okpaise Kenneth, Financial Advisory Manager, AIICO Insurance Plc
|16||Nov 23|| Law, Contracting & Globalization
Business & Commercial Law – Chukwuemeka Mbah (LLB, BL, LLM) Law, Manager, Sherwin Williams
Contracting, Negotiation and IP – Jeff Chineme Maduka (LLB, BL, LLM), Snr Legal Manager, American Tower
Africans Doing Business with American Firms, Establishing Your Business in United States – Dawn Lindsey, President of Vari-Tek LLC
|17||Nov 30||Sustainability & Risk Management
Disruptive Sustainability Innovation for Long Term Business Growth – Eustace Onuegbu, President, incsr.org
Sustainability Strategy and Social Innovation – Temitayo Ade-Peters, CEO, We For Good
Risk Management – Akeem Rasaq, Head Of Risk Management, Chapel Hill Denham
Lab #3 – Tekedia Institute
|18||Dec 3||Execution & Growth
Driving Profitable Growth, Marginal Cost, Scaling – Prof. Ndubuisi Ekekwe
Mastering The Art of Sales Excellence – Ferdinand Ibezim, MD/CEO, Selling Skills Support Services Limited
Managerial Accounting, Business Decision Making and Growth – Idris Ayinde, ACA, CFA, KPMG UK
The Call to Execution (Summary) – Prof Ndubuisi Ekekwe
Report , Closure
*(Weekdays and Saturdays have Live sessions; the contents are recorded for replay). **In some names (law, accounting, etc), we have to put the professional titles due to the regulatory nature of the fields.
Certificate Programs: We processed feedback from Tekedia Mini-MBA Edition 1 and members noted they would like to do projects. Accordingly, we have unveiled new Certificate courses which are completely capstone-based. Tekedia capstone is a research paper or a case study exploring a topic, market, sector or a company. You must have attended, begun or about attending Tekedia Mini-MBA to qualify to register. Each certificate course costs $60 or N20,000.
- CLSM Certificate in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- CSBM Certificate in Startup and Small Business Management
- CETS Certificate in Exponential Technologies and Singularity
- CPCD Certificate in Personal Career Development
- CPFM Certificate in Personal Finance & Wealth Management
- CBIS Certificate in Business Innovation, Growth & Sustainability
Tekedia capstone is a research paper or a case study exploring a topic, market, sector or a company. You will pick a topic which the Institute will approve.Then you will go and execute that project. Think of this as a final year student product in a university. We expect it to last a maximum of 3 months. The member will submit a report at the end of the capstone. For someone who wants to start a business, you may choose a topic to do market study in that sector. You design a questionnaire and execute your study. Essentially, the essence of this is to apply what you have learnt in the Mini-MBA to produce a practical business document. Here, we provide potential capstone topics (the topics are limitless):
- A digital logistics strategy for Lagos State
- Market study for website design business in Northern Nigeria
- The competitiveness positioning of Jumia in African ecommerce
- The future of fintech in Ghana
- Implication of AI technologies in African banking
- My personal career roadmap: 3, 5 and 10 years
- Building wealth via Treasury Bills
- Business longevity roadmap for ABC Limited
- Angel investing market in Kenya
- A comprehensive business plan with market data for ABC Limited
- Mobile banking and impact of USSD
This edition 3 is the same as edition 2; some stakeholders have asked us to run another edition now that the pandemic is stabilizing in most regions
Career Week: To Transform Workers into Leaders and Innovators.
Our Career Week (Nov 2-6 2020) is not designed for finding jobs. Rather, it is structured to TRANSFORM workers, founders & entrepreneurs into business leaders and champions of innovation in their companies. The sub-theme is Nurturing Innovators: Career Planning & Resilience During Disruption. It will be packaged under the Tekedia Mini-MBA theme of Innovation, Execution & Growth. Our knowledge experts for the Week include human resources experts and leaders from MNCs and startups, across industries and global regions:
- Dupe Akinsiun – Head, Leadership & Capabilities Center, Coca Cola HBC
- Nnenna Jacob-Ogogo – Head, Alpher, Union Bank
- Precious Ajoonu – Manager, Jobberman
- Bukola Kogbe, Regional HR Director – Africa, Barry Callebaut
- John Wesey – CEO, Psyntech
- Dr Akanimo Odon – CEO, Envirofly Consulting UK
- Antonia Adeyemi, CIPD – Managing Director, StatsXperts Consulting
- Dapo akinloye – COO, Emerald Zone, ex-HR Head, Lafarge CBG
- Dr. Fatai Olajobi – Partner, Neo-Neurons Concept
- Dotun Jegede, Senior Partner, Dee Bee Consulting
- Elizabeth (Ayeni) Nyah, Human Resources Business Partner, VDT Communications
- Ezra Anajonu – CEO, Save’N’Fflex
- Capt. Ola Olubowale – Manager, Viva Energy Australia
- Abraham Owoseni.com – Principal Consultant, MindMould
Video presents overview of weekly session
Target Audience: This program is designed for professionals across functional areas like sales, marketing, technology, administration, legal, strategy, finance, etc across all business sectors and domains.
Learning Objectives: To innovate is to set a new basis of competition in an economy, business sector or market. Most times, it results to disruption. This program is designed for private (large, SMEs, startups) and public institutions. Participants will:
- Master the mechanics of digital growth – the reward of innovation – through frameworks, cases and evolving strategies.
- Understand how to undergo digitization journey that is fully aligned with corporate objectives through measurable and realizable benchmarks.
- Acquire business capability tools that do not just RUN their firms but can TRANSFORM them.
- Design corporate growth experiments in Lab sessions based on One Oasis Strategy, Aggregation Construct, Double Play Strategy, Accumulation of Capability Construct, and more.
Facilitator: Prof Ndubuisi Ekekwe invented and patented a robotic system which the United States Government acquired assignee rights. Dr Ekekwe holds two doctoral and four master’s degrees including a PhD in engineering from the Johns Hopkins University, USA. He earned undergraduate degree from FUT Owerri where he graduated as his class best student. While in Analog Devices Corp, he co-designed an accelerometer for the iPhone. A recipient of IGI Global “Book of the Year” award, a TED Fellow, IBM Global Entrepreneur and World Economic Forum Young Global Leader, Prof. Ekekwe has held professorships in Carnegie Mellon University and Babcock University, and served in the United States National Science Foundation Committee. The South African press called him “a doctor of innovation” for helping organizations on the mechanics of business innovation, strategy and growth. Since 2009, the Chairman of Fasmicro Group which controls many startups and entities has been writing in the Harvard Business Review.
Our sample certificate which will be awarded to participants
Tekedia Mini-MBA Corporate
Tekedia Mini-MBA Corporate is a customized version of the general Tekedia Mini-MBA. It is designed for private and public institutions. It focuses on the same theme of innovation, growth and digital execution. But unlike the 4-month general Mini-MBA, the Corporate vision goes for 6, 8,10 or 12 weeks. Email for a quote.
- A participant received a promotion after implementing a playbook in our session.
“Sir, I am overjoyed. I just received a promotion. On Thursday, I sent to my CEO a Covid-19 Continuity Plan, using the template you made available in Tekedia mini-MBA class. Early today, management asked me to present it via video. Ten minutes ago, I received an email from Head Admin that management wants me to execute that template, and they also promoted me. I am also getting a refund for my personal investment on this training. I want to say thank you to all the faculty for this service.”
- A participant received funding after using ideas from our session on fundraising.
“I discarded my business plan and used the Week 1 business canvas on the Challenge Assignment. Today, I am happy to share that less is indeed better: we received $25,000 from an investor. I want to thank all the faculty especially Mr. Azeez Lawal. His course on Fundraising with African sense is the best ever. I also thank you for a statement in one of the class videos, “Your customer can be your investor. Believe this… the best investors are customers”. This investor is a customer and we will begin by serving his company even though we are a separate company.”
Testimonial from Soulmate Industries Ltd
Tekedia Institute is a charity and operates under the non-profit African Institution of Technology (afrit.org). AFRIT is registered in the United States as a tax-exempt 501(c)3 charity and in Nigeria as AFRIT Education Foundation, a non-profit. All proceeds are used to run workshops and support technical programs in African schools (see some photos).------
1. Register for Tekedia Mini-MBA here (Aug 10 - Dec 3). Four months, online, and costs $140 or N50,000 naira. We also have Certificate courses on logistics, startups, career dev, etc.
2. Read my new book, The Dangote System: Techniques for Building Conglomerates.