- NB: If you have registered, click and and visit the digital board for immediate access; session is live.
You cannot join this edition as it is late now. Rather, click and register for the next edition here.
Invent, innovate and drive organizational transformation, performance, and growth. Capture emerging opportunities in changing markets while optimizing innovation and profitability. Digitally evolve your business or functional area, turning digital disruption into a competitive capability and advantage. Master the concepts of building category-king companies and thrive.
I am launching a mini-MBA* via my blog, the Tekedia Institute. I invite you to register ($140 or N50,000 naira). This program is a 4-month weekly program, beginning Feb 10, 2020. It will comprise videos, flash cases, written materials and webinars delivered online. When we finish, we will issue a certificate from the Tekedia Institute.
Register and join us. You will emerge transformed with tools and capabilities that engineer confidence, performance and growth. Accelerate your leadership ascent with me! .
We have received many emails from the community asking about the mini-MBA program I mentioned here. Certainly, we do not run any formal MBA program. My point is simply that by reading Tekedia, people do develop and accumulate capabilities that could help their careers.
At the moment, I do run a program which is designed for senior executives in companies. It is expensive I must note. The program is structured for these leaders to reach out anytime and discuss business issues. Think of being a professional confidant, assisting them as they work on the mechanics of business systems. It is subscription-based and goes for thousands of dollars yearly. These leaders also receive regular perspectives on what we see in their sectors and on their firms. Through this mini-MBA, I want to share those insights with more people.
How To Register:
- PayPal: follow this link and pay $140 US dollars. It supports most global currencies.
- Bank transfer (Nigerian naira): Pay N50,000 into any of GTBank 0114016493, UBA 1019195493. Account owner: First Atlantic Semiconductors & Microelectronics.
- Flutterwave: follow this link (naira) or this one (USD) to use your Verve, Visa, Mastercard, Amex, etc cards across Africa and beyond (you can use same links for other currencies, please ask for exchange rate before payment if not on Naira or USD).
- Automatic Access: Pay via this Tekedia link for self-automatic enrollment with username.
After payment, email [email protected] with participant’s name and email to complete the registration.
Theme: Innovation, Growth & Digital Execution – Techniques for Building Category-King Companies
Over the last few decades, digital technology has emerged as a very critical element in organizational competitiveness. It has transformed industrial sectors and anchored new business architectures, redesigning markets and facilitating efficiency in the allocation and utilization of factors of production. The impacts have been consequential: nations like Nigeria are moving towards knowledge-based economic structures and information societies, comprising networks of individuals, firms and states that are linked electronically and in interdependent relationships. In this program, we will examine this redesign within the context of fixing market frictions and deploying growth business frameworks in a world of perception demand where meeting needs and expectations of customers are not enough.
Program Time: Feb 10 – June 10, 2020
Venue & Format: Online via videos, articles, webinars, and flash cases. Program is self-paced which means you consume the materials at your own time and pace.It is completely online. You will have something to complete within 7 days. You decide when you do that within the window. Where you live or your time zone would not be an issue as program is not live-delivered.
Cost: US$140 (N50,000 naira) (20% discount for bulk registration of at least four)
Program Structure: The program structure is presented below
|Theme: Innovation, Growth & Digital Execution – Techniques for Building Category-King Companies|
|Feb 10||Business Mission, Growth through Innovation – Ndubuisi Ekekwe|
|Feb 17||The Grand Playbook of Business – Ndubuisi Ekekwe|
|Feb 24||Evolving Business Models, Digital Frameworks & Strategies, Positioning Strategies – Ndubuisi Ekekwe|
|Mar 2||New Technologies, Growth, Disruptive Innovation I
– Blockchain (Uchi Uchibeke, Secure Key Canada)
– AI (Toyin Arowolo, African Reinsurance Corp, Nigeria)
|Mar 9||New Technologies, Growth, Disruptive Innovation II
– Cloud (Gbolaro Oshun, Oracle Cloud Consultant)
– Data Management, Big Data & Analytics, Data Systems (Adewole C Ogunyadeka, PhD, esure Group, UK)
|Mar 16||Capital Markets, Investing & Fundraising
– Azeez Lawal (TrustBanc Group, Nigeria)
|Mar 23||The Coronavirus Pandemic Economy – Ndubuisi Ekekwe
– Pandemic business continuity policy (Lab)
|Mar 30||Innovation, Entrepreneurship, Sustaining Competitive Advantage & Transformation – Gloria Gowal, HEC Paris France|
|Apr 6||A Playbook for Founders and CEOs During Pandemic, Recession or Market Upheaval
– Tekedia Institute
|Apr 13||New Product/Service Development, Process Improvement and Leadership in Business
– Dr. Ayodeji Oyebola (Emmright Consulting, USA)
|Apr 20||Innovation Lessons: 5in5 (5 Firms in 5 Sectors) – Africa, Global
–Ndubuisi Ekekwe, Douglas O. Chukwuekwe (LargePlaceTech).
The State of the Tech Nation, Emerging Opportunities (Africa, Global)
– Ndubuisi Ekekwe
|Apr 27||Market Synthesis, Ecosystem State, Digital Perception Marketing (stimulating new markets) – Ndubuisi Ekekwe|
|May 4||Winning in Business Special Series – Ndubuisi Ekekwe|
|May 11||Sales Management, Marketing and Growth
– Moby Onuoha (Queen’s University, Canada)
|May 18||Review of Previous Sessions (Feb 10 to May 17) – Ndubuisi Ekekwe|
|May 25||Supply Chain Management, Global Partnership & Contracting – Adebayo Adeleke, ex-Chief of Contracting and Deputy Chief, Business Operations Division, US Army|
|Jun 1||Career and Jobs During Pandemic – Captain Ola Olubawale, CEO, Seamate Australia
Develop a Project Roadmap for company you work (Lab) – Tekedia Institute
Driving Profitable Growth, Marginal Cost, Scaling – Ndubuisi Ekekwe
|Jun 10||The Call to Execution (Summary) – Ndubuisi Ekekwe
Report , Closure – Ndubuisi Ekekwe
*Challenge, no graded . **This is updated to align with the live version here
(All Saturdays have Discussion Webinars of one hour; the contents would be recorded for replay. )
Target Audience: This program is designed for professionals across functional areas like sales, marketing, technology, administration, legal, strategy, finance, etc across all business sectors and domains.
Learning Objectives: To innovate is to set a new basis of competition in an economy, business sector or market. Most times, it results to disruption. This program is designed for private (large, SMEs, startups) and public institutions. Participants will:
- Master the mechanics of digital growth – the reward of innovation – through frameworks, cases and evolving strategies.
- Understand how to undergo digitization journey that is fully aligned with corporate objectives through measurable and realizable benchmarks.
- Acquire business capability tools that do not just RUN their firms but can TRANSFORM them.
- Design corporate growth experiments in Lab sessions based on One Oasis Strategy, Aggregation Construct, Double Play Strategy, Accumulation of Capability Construct, and more.
Facilitator: Prof Ndubuisi Ekekwe invented and patented a robotic system which the United States Government acquired assignee rights. Dr Ekekwe holds two doctoral and four master’s degrees including a PhD in engineering from the Johns Hopkins University, USA. He earned undergraduate degree from FUT Owerri as his class best student. While in Analog Devices Corp, he co-designed an accelerometer for the iPhone. A recipient of IGI Global “Book of the Year” award, a TED Fellow, IBM Global Entrepreneur and World Economic Forum Young Global Leader, Prof. Ekekwe has held professorships in Carnegie Mellon University and Babcock University, and served in the United States National Science Foundation Committee. The South African press called him “a doctor of innovation” for helping organizations on the mechanics of business innovation, strategy and growth. Since 2009, the Chairman of Fasmicro Group which controls many startups and entities has been writing in the Harvard Business Review.
*the use of *mini-MBA does not make this a degree awarding program. This does not offer any credit by any institution. Tekedia Institute is a learning platform and is not licensed by National Universities Commission or any global equivalent to award any degree, including MBA.------
1. Register for Tekedia Mini-MBA here (Aug 10 - Dec 3). Four months, online, and costs $140 or N50,000 naira. We also have Certificate courses on logistics, startups, career dev, etc.
2. Read my new book, The Dangote System: Techniques for Building Conglomerates.