DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Improve your Communication

A man, paralyzed for 38 years, expected healing at the Bethesda Pool. Typically, an angel would arrive, stir the water and the first to get in would be made whole. That has been the method; nothing else matters for many.

Then one day, Christ came. He asked the man, “Do you want to get well?”

“Sir,” the man replied, “I have no one to help me into the pool when the water is stirred. While I am trying to get in, someone else goes down ahead of me.”

Tekedia Mini-MBA edition 14 (June 3 – Sept 2, 2024) begins registrations; get massive discounts with early registration here.

Tekedia AI in Business Masterclass opens registrations here.

Join Tekedia Capital Syndicate and invest in Africa’s finest startups here.

John 5:2-9 New International Version (NIV)
2 Now there is in Jerusalem near the Sheep Gate a pool, which in Aramaic is called Bethesda[a] and which is surrounded by five covered colonnades. 3 Here a great number of disabled people used to lie—the blind, the lame, the paralyzed. [4] [b] 5 One who was there had been an invalid for thirty-eight years. 6 When Jesus saw him lying there and learned that he had been in this condition for a long time, he asked him, “Do you want to get well?”

7 “Sir,” the invalid replied, “I have no one to help me into the pool when the water is stirred. While I am trying to get in, someone else goes down ahead of me.”

8 Then Jesus said to him, “Get up! Pick up your mat and walk.” 9 At once the man was cured; he picked up his mat and walked.

The day on which this took place was a Sabbath,

Notice his answer: he had no one to get him into the water. Apparently, his healing must come via the same way - stirring water and jumping in. We have the same problem. Someone asks you "Do you need a job?" Then you quickly remind him that "Sir, I made a 2.2 and banks, oil&gas, and telcos have never invited me".

Get over it. Do not make the path to success to become the success. There are many routes. Not many would be as lucky as the paralytic who despite his irrelevant answer received healing from Christ.

Yes, you need to improve your communication for higher career impact.

Have a great Sunday.