DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Amazing Harvard Win On Race and Admission

Harvard University

The world should find ways to accommodate - but that is not going to happen. I am very happy that a U.S. Judge has sided with Harvard University in a case challenging the use of race in admissions: “A federal judge in a ruling released Tuesday sided with Harvard University in a Trump administration-backed challenge to the elite school's use of race in admissions.”

Sure, I am an African which means I am biased. Nonetheless, my point is thus:

1. Most of the people that rule this world are not the top 5% of their classes. So, any U.S. university that relies on memorized tests like the SAT and TOEFL as only metrics for admission has lost its mission.
  2. The alumni that bring big money to universities are most times not the top recruiters. So, relying on grades in SAT to admit is simply narrow.
  3. A student experience needs to be considered. And that could be used to tip who makes it or not. I think that is fair.
  4. Going to a university cannot be simplified that only grades must be the only factors for admission in U.S. schools.
  5. ETC

So, for Harvard, I am confident it will find victory even if this goes to the supreme court.

Tekedia Mini-MBA edition 14 (June 3 – Sept 2, 2024) begins registrations; get massive discounts with early registration here.

Tekedia AI in Business Masterclass opens registrations here.

Join Tekedia Capital Syndicate and invest in Africa’s finest startups here.