DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Burna Boy gets 7 nominations for 2023 BET Hip Hop Awards [Full Nominations List]

Could there be any form of conflict between J. Cole & Burna Boy - Could  there be any form of conflict between J. Cole & Burna Boy - Tekedia Forum -  Tekedia

The Nigerian superstar Burna Boy has once again proven his dominance in the African music scene by scoring seven nominations for the {2023} BET Hip Hop Awards. The awards show, which celebrates the best in hip hop culture, will air on {October 10, 2023}.

Burna Boy is nominated in the following categories: Best International Flow, Best Hip Hop Video, Best Collaboration, Album of the Year, Song of the Year, Viewer's Choice Award and Hustler of the Year. He is the only African artist to receive nominations in these categories, and he faces tough competition from the likes of Drake, Cardi B, Megan Thee Stallion, Lil Nas X and Doja Cat.

Burna Boy's latest album, Twice As Tall, which was released in August 2022, has been a huge success both critically and commercially. The album features collaborations with artists such as Chris Martin, Stormzy, Sauti Sol and Youssou N'Dour. It also won the Grammy Award for Best Global Music Album in {2022}, making Burna Boy the first Nigerian artist to win two Grammys in a row.

Tekedia Mini-MBA edition 14 (June 3 – Sept 2, 2024) begins registrations; get massive discounts with early registration here.

Tekedia AI in Business Masterclass opens registrations here.

Join Tekedia Capital Syndicate and invest in Africa’s finest startups here.

The BET Hip Hop Awards are not new to Burna Boy, who won the Best International Flow award in {2019 and 2020}. He also performed at the awards show in 2019, alongside his fellow African stars Sarkodie, Nasty C and Sho Madjozi.

Burna Boy has expressed his gratitude and excitement for the nominations on his social media platforms. He wrote on Twitter: "Thank you @BET for recognizing my work and my talent. I'm honored to be nominated alongside some of the greatest artists in the world. This is for Africa and my fans all over the world. #TwiceAsTall #BETHipHopAwards2023"

The fans of Burna Boy, who call themselves the Outsiders, have also shown their support and enthusiasm for their favorite artist. They have been voting for him on the BET website and using the hashtag #BurnaBoyForBETHipHopAwards2023 to campaign for him.

The 2023 BET Hip Hop Awards will be hosted by comedian and actor Lil Rel Howery, who is best known for his roles in Get Out and Bad Trip. The show will feature performances from some of the hottest names in hip hop, as well as special tributes and honors for the legends of the genre.

The full list of nominees for the {2023} BET Hip Hop Awards can be found here:

https://www.bet.com/shows/hip-hop-awards/nominees.html