DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Deyemi Okanlawon on producing 'All's Fair In Love' while expecting a baby.

**Deyemi Okanlawon**, a Nigerian actor, recently shared details about the production of his movie **"All's Fair In Love"** while expecting a baby with his wife. The film, which commenced its cinematic release on **February 14, 2024**, centers around two Nigerian business partners and friends who fall madly in love with the same woman. The duo then goes head-to-head to win her heart.

The actor further expressed that his wife has always been supportive of his acting career, calling her the "Perfect Actor's Wife" Okanlawon and his wife announced the birth of their son on February 15, 2024, which was a day after the debut of his first movie as a producer.

The cast includes Deyemi Okanlawon himself, along with Timini Egbuson, Ireti Doyle, Juliet Ibrahim, Adedimeji Lateef, Beauty Tukura, Venita Akpofure, Kunle Bamtefa, Gbubemi Ejeye, Kenzy Udonsenm, Oprah Okereke, and Timilehin Ojeola.

Tekedia Mini-MBA edition 14 (June 3 – Sept 2, 2024) begins registrations; get massive discounts with early registration here.

Tekedia AI in Business Masterclass opens registrations here.

Join Tekedia Capital Syndicate and invest in Africa’s finest startups here.

Despite being in the Nigerian film industry for **11 years**, taking on the role of a producer opened up a whole new side of Deyemi Okanlawon. He described producing "All's Fair In Love" as an exhilarating experience that stretched him creatively. In a recent interview, he said: *"It felt like labor. I thought I understood the film industry until I started producing... my eyes saw Shege Promax Ultra; it shocked me; it stretched me... But I will do it over again; it was the most exhilarating experience of my life. I found new skills and new creative muscle that I had no idea I had."*.

Deyemi Okanlawon also attributed part of the movie's financial success to his relationships within the industry. He reached out to Mo.Abudu, who offered him the entire Ebony Life building to shoot for free. Additionally, she provided one of her hotels for his lead actor from South Africa to stay during production at no cost to him.

Despite his incredible talent and noteworthy performances, Deyemi Okanlawon has not received significant recognition from national award organizers in the Nigerian movie industry. However, he remains motivated, focused and enjoys encouraging himself as he continues to pursue his passion for acting and producing, stressing that he is fond of encouraging himself.

As of February 18, 2024, "All's Fair In Love" had grossed ₦27 million at Nigerian cinemas and was set to be released in Ghana and More.

Uploaded files: