DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Does Your Resume Indicate That You Can Work from Home, Efficiently?

LinkedIn Reveals The Best Day To Apply For A Job

It seems working from home (WFH) may be the new normal, and very soon, job seekers may need to put in their resumes: I can work remotely with no problems! Just joking but seriously, it is going to be a normal expectation. We hire you but we do not want to see you here, daily! Yes, 100% of workers going back to office will be a new change because some companies are already normalized on WFH, Fortune notes, '60-70% of his workforce will continue to work off-premises for the remainder of this year. And after that? “Who knows? My guess is for 50%, this will become the new norm.”'

On Friday, I spoke with the CEO of one U.S. financial firm with 14,000 employees across the U.S.–more than 90% of whom are currently working from home. Like others I’ve spoken with, he has no plans to push them back to work precipitously, regardless of decisions made by respective government leaders. His best guess is that 60-70% of his workforce will continue to work off-premises for the remainder of this year. And after that? “Who knows? My guess is for 50%, this will become the new norm.”

That sort of speculation, of course, is the luxury of companies employing professional “knowledge workers,” who have discovered in the last six weeks that they can do their jobs pretty well from home. According to one estimate, only 37% of jobs in the U.S. plausibly fit that category. But if a substantial portion of that group continue to work from home, the “new normal” will be substantially different from the old.