DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

EFCC's Ibrahim Magu Preventive Measures

The Acting Chairman of EFCC, Ibrahim Magu, made a brilliant presentation this week. In a talk, he noted that it was cheaper to prevent corrupt than to fight it. I do agree.

He said that section six of the EFCC Act required the commission to, in addition to its enforcement responsibilities, take measures to prevent economic and financial crimes.

Mr. Magu explained that part of such preventive measures was an aggressive sensitisation campaign, public enlightenment and education in both public and private sectors.

I want to get something to the attention of Magu that he can use technology to redesign the processes which make it possible for procurement corruption to even happen in Nigeria.  This is a very important technology that he should consider.

The corruption-related revelations of the last Administration in Nigeria have shown that Nigeria needs a world-class Procurement Fraud Unit to reduce or better eliminate procurement related fraud in the nation. Big data analytics is a special area of computer science that uses high-level mathematical models to provide patterns or trends out of large datasets. Procurement related corruption can be drastically reduced in Nigeria through pattern matching and analytics.In this videocast, I present a technology solution that will help Nigeria deal with its corruption issues especially on public procurement.

If he can work to implement this tool, in federal contracting, his efforts on fighting corruption will become exponential.

Tekedia Mini-MBA edition 14 (June 3 – Sept 2, 2024) begins registrations; get massive discounts with early registration here.

Tekedia AI in Business Masterclass opens registrations here.

Join Tekedia Capital Syndicate and invest in Africa’s finest startups here.