DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

GTBank Fingerprint-Only ATM Withdrawal

I got this from an email and checked, and yes GTBank supports that. That is amazing - it means very soon, we may not even need debit cards for ATM uses. The innovation in the banking sector for customer basic transactions is deep. Unfortunately, no Nigerian bank puts the same innovation on how to give credits to customers.

Do you know that you can now withdraw money from Guaranty Trust Bank ATMs without using your ATM card or some 12 digit withdrawal reference number, all you need is just your Fingerprint.  Finger Print Withdrawal is a new feature added to selected Guaranty Trust Bank ATMs to give you access to your money any time and at any day (except, of course, you forget your finger at home).
It is one of the most convenient ways to access ATM cases, though similar to the previous Card-less Withdrawal (GTRescue or Verve Paycode), FingerPrint Withdrawal is more convenience. With FingerPrint Withdrawal, you don't need to generate any 12-digit withdrawal reference number (Ref) before you can withdraw your cash. No 'ATM card' or PIN needed!
Uploaded files:

It was in the past that I usually got excited that we were advancing in technology whenever I hear that a system have been switched to biometrics or finger prints.

In the long run, I discovered that the machines doesn't serve efficiently. Or should I hope that GTB will as they've always been, uphold a high standard? Maybe not, maybe yes; the sensitivity of the financial consequences might change things.

Tekedia Mini-MBA edition 14 (June 3 – Sept 2, 2024) begins registrations; get massive discounts with early registration here.

Tekedia AI in Business Masterclass opens registrations here.

Join Tekedia Capital Syndicate and invest in Africa’s finest startups here.

Some instances, In JAMB exam; to get an ATM card, to vote in elections, verifications etc. The thumb printing machines we use in Nigeria needs attention too or else the aim will be defeated.

You are correct - efficiency of service is still an issue and it could be very frustrating to the user.

It's not also can be frustrated to the user I assume it could use something like fraud in some way even more easier than the pin code itself, why do you constantly need to reinvent the weel. How do you really go about that for sure ? I do not get this.