DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Huge Next 15 Days in Nigeria

History will write that 2019 general election is possibly the most expensive and distortive election since 1999 in Nigeria. The non-banking-affected holiday tomorrow will shift more equilibrium points. I just hope we do not get into real economic problems in this nation.

Visit any high-rise building in Marina (Lagos); you will notice that the harbor is largely empty! Simply, containers are not coming in which means prices on some items will possibly move north in coming weeks. The extra delays due to the postponement are pushing importers to delay bringing things like medicine, food items, raw materials, etc.

The next 15 days in Nigeria are HUGE days.

Tekedia Mini-MBA edition 14 (June 3 – Sept 2, 2024) begins registrations; get massive discounts with early registration here.

Tekedia AI in Business Masterclass opens registrations here.

Join Tekedia Capital Syndicate and invest in Africa’s finest startups here.

Nwafor Merciful has reacted to this post.
Nwafor Merciful

The situation is worrisome. ?The GDP growth is very likely to slow down because the major contributors(Agriculture, Trade, oil and gas, Telecom etc.) of its growth has been punched hard.?

For the NSE-ASI, February has been a good month in the equities as at 15 February, but this to them now is a major relapse .

Even our Foreign investors in a way were affected. I can say the postponement had greater effect on the economy than any other area.

The problem heightens because majority of our leaders are oblivious of this. If the economic consequences were put into consideration by any of the business-oriented political heads, the situation would have been saved. The postponement would have taken a different turn.

In all, my hope for a better Nigeria is still as firm as the Zuma.☺

"The problem heightens because majority of our leaders are oblivious of this. If the economic consequences were put into consideration by any of the business-oriented political heads, the situation would have been saved." That is the summary. I am not sure anyone is modelling the economic impacts of the election.