DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Kenya Inaugurates National Blockchain Roadmap Team

From Bank of America to JP Morgan Chase, the annual reports note clearly that blockchain and cryptocurrencies pose risks to contemporary banking business. And a Goldman Sachs’ funded startup (Circle) just bought a cryptocurrency exchange. Kenya which hates siddon-look, typically in Africa, has setup a team to develop a national Blockchain Roadmap.

That was the same thinking that gave the world mobile money. That was the same thinking that gave the world mobile money. Nigeria needs a roadmap as I explained here.

We do not need Bitcoin but Nigeria needs a digital currency tied to the Naira that will enable the efficient functioning of the blockchain infrastructure which I expect to evolve in coming years in the nation.

If the Central Bank blesses such a plan, we will experience a virtuoso innovation system in redesigning the architecture of some of our industrial sectors and make them more efficient even while being cost-efficient. As I noted in my entry on Blockchain Africa, blockchain has a promise for Africa. Nigeria just have to find a way to lead in that promise atleast in West Africa where its impact is huge.

anthonychilaka has reacted to this post.
anthonychilaka