DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Nnewi - Innovators at Work

I picked a comment from the Igboland incubation system and added a "case study" on Nnewi (Anambra state, Nigeria). Nnewi has the highest concentration of millionaires (in any currency) per capita in Africa. The Nnewi System is legendary because if you study Innoson, Coscharis, Ibeto, Chikason, Capital Oil, etc you will see men who might not have finished secondary schools doing things over-educated people like me think are impossible.

I have provided consulting services to some of them. And it was always interesting when they say "My boys are not doing well and we need to help them". When that happens everything you have learnt about competition fades because the man the next day will summon them, distribute supply opportunities to them.

Have you been to Alaba to buy something, and the man instead of selling exclusively from his stocks, goes out asking others to participate?

Tekedia Mini-MBA edition 14 (June 3 – Sept 2, 2024) begins registrations; get massive discounts with early registration here.

Tekedia AI in Business Masterclass opens registrations here.

Join Tekedia Capital Syndicate and invest in Africa’s finest startups here.

My practice worked for one for 27 days in Abuja to start a new venture 3 years ago. Three days into the contract, he invited all his boys from across African markets offering them plans how they could key-in. It was a magical scene to behold reverence where bonds rule over competition. The boys provided market intelligence better than any consultant.

Africa has got systems - they need to scale.

Uploaded files:

When you combine local wisdom with sheer intelligence, the result is as far as your imaginations can carry.

With great deal of awareness, you do not need thousands of pages, in the form of 'technical report' before you can address local challenges/problems. The answers are always within, but you need a blend of wisdom and humility to get things done.