DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Performing Strategic System Analysis

In a mini-workshop, performing strategic system analysis (SSA) for a company. My client is Africa-facing, and we have to break the African business landscape to architect a roadmap.

Finalizing a strategic system analysis is one of the initial phases firms should take to decide how they can use technology/new business models to improve a competitive advantage. Ask yourself these questions about your  organization as you develop that:

1. What is the industry structure in which your organization is located?

Tekedia Mini-MBA edition 14 (June 3 – Sept 2, 2024) begins registrations; get massive discounts with early registration here.

Tekedia AI in Business Masterclass opens registrations here.

Join Tekedia Capital Syndicate and invest in Africa’s finest startups here.

o What are some of the economic forces at work in the industry: Are there newcomers to the industry? What is the relative power of dealers, customers, and additional products and services over rates?

o Is the basis of competition quality, rate, or product?

o What are the nature and direction of change within the industry? From where are the force and change approaching?

o How is the industry presently using information technology? Is the organization behind or ahead of the market in its application of information systems?

2. What are the business value chains for your organization?

o How is the organization generating customer value considering transaction costs, rates or quality? Are there areas in the value chain where the business can generate more customer value, and extra profit for the organization?

o Does the organization understand and handle its business procedures using the best practices available? Is it taking maximum benefit of enterprise systems, customer relationship management, and supply chain management?

o Does the organization leverage its main competencies?

Always remember that technology is nothing but a tool. Just like a pen can "get" one student A in any exam, a similar one can "get" F for another student. You must make that tool deliver value, correlating it to the corporate goals. The best technology is the most optimal technology. The best tech is not necessarily the most advanced, because at the end, we need to examine the cost-to-income ratio on our utilization of assets and the efficiency in growing revenue.

Using $2000 laptop for a job a $300 can do well is bad. When tech runs and transforms a firm, the financials will never be the same. Good numbers make managers great presenters, I like to smile besides my clients when they present, because we know how to make good presentations.

This is WOW!! Thanks Prof.

Awesome - go for it. Good luck.

Absolutely great! Strategic System Analysis as presented here makes huge sense. Well done Ndubuisi!

Uche Ahaiwe

Thank you so much . You have always bless me with your post

Please sir can i ask a question that is not based on your post ?

Open a new thread on the Forum and ask it.