DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Perspectives on MTN Investigations by Nigeria

This is the best comment on the MTN Nigeria's investigations by EFCC and SEC over the public listing. It has everything you need; courtesy of a comment on my feed.

"There's a difference between ethical and legal behaviour. On face value, it seems MTN found and exploited that distinction. Finding a loophole in the law and using it is completely legal. However, circumventing the spirit of the agreement (which was to give Nigerians a financial stake in MTN) using a loophole is unethical.

"The government's approach is a losing strategy because its fighting on the wrong field. It's deploying legal arsenal were it needs to stage a PR assault. MTN will win every legal spark but that's not clear with a PR campaign.

Tekedia Mini-MBA edition 14 (June 3 – Sept 2, 2024) begins registrations; get massive discounts with early registration here.

Tekedia AI in Business Masterclass opens registrations here.

Join Tekedia Capital Syndicate and invest in Africa’s finest startups here.

"The government currently, is like a lion in sea fighting a sea serpent, it will not win. It needs to bring the war to land to stand a chance at victory in this battle. It still does need to update the laws to stop this happening again."

https://lnkd.in/eZAHqTU

Let me add - after the inauguration, the House will call to investigate the listing. Steven has offered wise words here; I hope they focus on something more important – youth unemployment - and leave MTN Nigeria alone.

Quite disturbing thing here, I have read whole that topic with the link about the investigations but I never found where they abusing the law, I simply have seen that it's something which is done in order not to do any other things about anything else.