DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Savannah Chrisley shares her mom's reaction to 'Masked Singer' performance

The Masked Singer: A Journey of Discovery, Laughter, and Family

The latest episode of "The Masked Singer" took audiences on a journey down the yellow brick road, celebrating "The Wizard of Oz" night and adding another intriguing character to its roster. Following the March 13 episode, the Afghan Hound was unmasked, revealing the unexpected presence of Savannah Chrisley, known for her role in "Chrisley Knows Best." In an exclusive post-reveal interview with TODAY.com, Chrisley candidly shared her motivations for joining the show, the supportive laughter of her mother, and the playful ribbing from her siblings.

For Chrisley, the decision to participate in "The Masked Singer" wasn't driven by a hidden passion for music but rather by a desire to create a special moment for her incarcerated parents, Todd and Julie Chrisley. Facing convictions for financial fraud, tax evasion, and conspiracy, her parents are currently serving significant prison sentences. "When the opportunity came my way, I at first hesitated. But then I was like, You know what, this is my 'Yes' time!" Chrisley explained. "Stop saying no to things because you’re uncomfortable and say yes because you’re uncomfortable."

Tekedia Mini-MBA edition 14 (June 3 – Sept 2, 2024) begins registrations; get massive discounts with early registration here.

Tekedia AI in Business Masterclass opens registrations here.

Join Tekedia Capital Syndicate and invest in Africa’s finest startups here.

Watching her mother, Julie Chrisley, react to her performance became a cherished moment for Chrisley. "She called me after and she was dying, laughing," Chrisley recalled. "And that’s what made it all worth it... this is why I did. She was laughing and I was like, ‘I did great didn’t I?’ She was like, ‘Oh yeeeah, maybe don’t ever sing again.’" Despite humorous critiques from her siblings, Chrisley expressed pride in her decision to participate, stepping outside her comfort zone and embracing the opportunity to have fun.

As the episode unfolded, viewers were treated to captivating performances from the contestants. Gumball kicked off the night with "If I Only Had A Heart" before transitioning to "Heartbeat Song." Cleocatra intrigued the audience with "Stormy Weather," while the Afghan Hound brought laughter with "The Lion Sleeps Tonight." The duo Beets impressed judges with their harmonious rendition of "Home" by Michael Bublé.

However, the tension rose as the night progressed, with Afghan Hound and Gumball finding themselves in the bottom two. In the Smackdown, the contestants went head-to-head with "Ding Dong! The Witch Is Dead," vying to impress the panelists one last time. Ultimately, Afghan Hound was unmasked, surprising the panelists who had guessed a variety of celebrities, none of whom were correct.

Host Nick Cannon seized the opportunity to ask Chrisley about her decision to join the show, to which she responded with heartfelt honesty. "A big reason I did this was because I know my parents can watch it and that was a big thing for me," she explained. Reflecting on the challenges of the past year, including the drastic changes in her family dynamic, Chrisley emphasized the importance of seizing opportunities and not backing down.

With a touch of self-aware humor, Chrisley acknowledged her lack of musical talent. "I don't know what a note is nor do I know what rhythm is, but it was a good experience," she quipped. Looking ahead, Group C is poised to take the stage for "Girl Group" night, promising more excitement, surprises, and perhaps a few more unexpected revelations on the journey of The Masked Singer.

Julie Chrisley's Laughter Through Tears: When Julie Chrisley saw her daughter Savannah's face revealed on "The Masked Singer," it was a moment of bittersweet joy. Despite the hardships her family had endured, Julie couldn't help but burst into laughter. Tears welled in her eyes as she watched her daughter's brave performance unfold on the screen. In that moment, amidst the challenges of their circumstances, Julie found solace and happiness, embracing the precious opportunity to share laughter with her daughter despite the distance that separated them.

Sibling Support and Shared Humor: As Savannah's siblings watched her unmasking on "The Masked Singer," a mixture of amusement and affection filled the room. While they couldn't resist poking fun at her singing abilities, their laughter was accompanied by a deep sense of pride and love for their sister. Despite the playful teasing, there was an underlying bond of support and camaraderie, knowing that no matter the outcome, they were in this journey together as a family.

Savannah's Inner Turmoil and Triumph: For Savannah Chrisley, seeing her face revealed on "The Masked Singer" was a moment of mixed emotions. As she stood on the stage, unmasked and vulnerable, she felt a surge of relief and pride for having taken the leap despite her doubts. Yet, beneath the surface, there lingered a sense of apprehension and vulnerability. In that moment, she confronted her insecurities head-on, but she also found strength and resilience in knowing that she had faced her fears and emerged stronger for it. It was a moment of triumph, a testament to her courage and determination to embrace life's challenges with grace and resilience.

Uploaded files: