DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Tems refers debut album 'Born In The Wild' is all about her experiences

Tems {Temilade Openiyi}, the Nigerian songstress who has captivated the global music scene with her soulful voice and poignant lyrics, is set to release her debut album 'Born In The Wild'. This album promises to be a deeply personal narrative, chronicling her journey and the experiences that have shaped her into the artist she is today.

From the bustling streets of Lagos to the international stage, Tems' rise has been nothing short of meteoric. Her unique sound, a blend of Afrobeat rhythms and soulful melodies, has resonated with fans worldwide. 'Born In The Wild' is not just an album; it's a statement, a story of growth, resilience, and the raw, unfiltered reality of life.

The album's title track, "Born In The Wild," is a testament to Tems' roots and her unapologetic embrace of her identity. The lyrics "Under the sun, struggling to find my focus/When I was young, younger then/I was always running away" reflect a contemplative look at her past, while the refrain "Born in the wild, it's about my experience as me, and about the experiences I've had so far. And it really felt like the life I lived before, the life I was accustomed to felt like a wilderness," she tells Apple Music. "I was raised in Lagos and that's a part of me, but it's not really about the place, it's more about the state of being. It was a wilderness in the environment I lived in and there were so many things that happened and so many lessons I learned to come and be this person now. It is basically coming out of the wilderness. So that's basically what Born In the Wild is about.

Tekedia Mini-MBA edition 14 (June 3 – Sept 2, 2024) begins registrations; get massive discounts with early registration here.

Tekedia AI in Business Masterclass opens registrations here.

Join Tekedia Capital Syndicate and invest in Africa’s finest startups here.

Temilade Openiyi {Tems} journey to stardom began with her debut single, "Mr Rebel," in 2018, and since then, she has consistently delivered hits that have etched her name in the annals of music history. Her feature on Wizkid's "Essence" and her contributions to the 'Black Panther: Wakanda Forever' soundtrack with "No Woman No Cry" have further solidified her status as a global icon.

According to Temilade Openiyi "I've had to step back a bit to make sure or to check in with myself that I'm being true and also just find healing from all the traumas. Everything I experienced before Tems; I think I had to unlearn a lot of things. And this is just a new way of expressing myself while still centering who I am in it."

The anticipation for 'Born In The Wild' has been building since Monday 15,2024 a day after her Coachella set, during which she brought out Wizkid and Justin Bieber. I want to believe we love Tems' versatility and her ability to convey deep emotions through music, Tems' approach to her music is holistic, involving a process of introspection and authenticity. She has stepped back to ensure that her art remains true to her essence, finding healing from past traumas and unlearning societal expectations to express herself in new and exciting ways.

As we await the release of 'Born In The Wild', one thing is certain: Tems is not just an artist; she's a storyteller whose music transcends borders and touches souls. Her debut album is not just a collection of songs, but a journey through the wild experiences that have forged her path to greatness.

Tems also released three singles with the latest being 'Love Me JeJe' on which she samples Seyi Sodimu's classic 1997 of the same title.

Stay tuned for the release of 'Born In The Wild' and join Tems as she takes us on a musical odyssey that promises to be as wild and untamed as the spirit that inspired it, fans can expect 'Born In The Wild' to be a tapestry of Tems' experiences, woven with the threads of healing, self-discovery, and unlearning. It's an album that's clearly centered around her identity, her voice, and her story, inviting listeners to partake in her journey from the wilderness to a place of self-realization and artistic freedom.

Uploaded files: