DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

The Accusation from the Senator

Tinubu Negotiates Multi-billion Naira Infrastructure Financing with Islamic Development Bank - Tekedia

“On the uncharitable claim that the 2024 budget was anti-North, we found such position as canvassed by Senator Abdul Ningi as too far-fetched and unbecoming of a leader of his status…The North as an integral part of the country is well covered in all areas, from security to agriculture, healthcare to education, and other important infrastructure such as roads, rail, dams, power and irrigation projects to support all year-round agriculture.” — Bayo Onanuga, a Special Adviser to Nigeria’s president.

Senator Abdul Ningi, take it easy and allow Nigeria to breathe. Your statement shows why Nigeria is not making progress, and why fiscal federalism and regional-based development should be adopted.

Nonetheless, the good news for the Distinguished senator was that he did not have to say that from 2015 to 2023. But that is not to say that northern Nigeria benefited because Buhari was a president. The irony of this accusation is this: every ordinary citizen is a victim. I am not sure if there was any catalytic project in the northern part of Nigeria between 2015 and 2023. Who cares for buildings when the minds of the people are not being built?

Tekedia Mini-MBA edition 14 (June 3 – Sept 2, 2024) begins registrations; get massive discounts with early registration here.

Tekedia AI in Business Masterclass opens registrations here.

Join Tekedia Capital Syndicate and invest in Africa’s finest startups here.

I mean what will a kid in Southeast which has been consistently forgotten in the Nigerian equation be jealous of? Yes, what you will remember from Umuahia about Sokoto, to decide to relocate from Umuahia to Sokoto. If you know any, please tell me.

Budget is nothing: what matters is the heart of service from leaders. The biggest infrastructure we need in the North, South, East, West, etc is Building the Minds of the Citizens towards a National Vision. Today, I see none, and even the senator is not sure he knows where Nigeria is drifting to. That is why he is panicking and searching the budget to check the row for the North...

The accompanying photo is a complete response to the accusation on its own, so it does not require plenty words anyway.

Those who claim to fight for ordinary people are as fraudulent as it can get, whether in the name of activism or political representative, those who parade these positions are there for themselves. They are not fighting for anyone.

North this, North that, after the disaster called Buhari? This is manipulation, it was never done with any good intention. Very old gimmick of course.

What Nigeria needs at scale is HUMAN DEVELOPMENT, the quality of creatures we breed here isn't good enough to make any country great, so the greatest work is to build great minds, with unwavering patriotism and common national aspiration. Enough of the nonsense.