DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

The Death of Tolulope Arotile - NAF’s first female combat helicopter pilot

NAF Releases Preliminary Investigation Report on the Death of Flying Officer, Tolulope Arotile

It was painful when I read the news of the death of Nigerian Air Force (NAF) officer, Tolulope Arotile. She rose to an enviable position of becoming NAF’s first female combat helicopter pilot. I am from Ovim - the land of generals; we treasure military people and we honor warriors. Last year in the Nigerian Defence Academy, I told young people like Tolulope that we appreciate their higher call and purpose to defend and protect Nigeria. Tolulope was killed by reckless driving by a person who might be driving a faulty car or using one of those fake driving licenses we issue without tests. The statement from NAF is painful to read. Our condolences to NAF, friends and family of Tolulope.

NAF statement here.

Upon recognising their schoolmate, Arotile, after passing her, Mr Adejoh, who was driving, reversed the vehicle, ostensibly in an attempt to quickly meet up with the Deceased, who was walking in the opposite direction. In the process, the vehicle struck Flying Officer Arotile from the rear, knocking her down with significant force and causing her to hit her head on the pavement. The vehicle then ran over parts of her body as it veered off the road beyond the kerb and onto the pavement, causing her further injuries.

Flying Officer Arotile was subsequently rushed to the 461 NAF Hospital Kaduna for treatment, while Mr Folorunsho (one of the occupants of the vehicle) who is also an Accident & Emergency Nurse at the St Gerard Catholic Hospital Kaduna, administered First Aid.