DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

The robots are coming

The Robots are Coming for Your Job - Tekedia

The robots are coming: "The ongoing labor shortage has pushed a growing number of companies to automate service sector jobs, and the move could eventually create more jobs than it destroys, writes The Associated Press. A survey last year found that 43% of companies plan to reduce their workforces due to new technologies. One economist says workers replaced by robots can go into "better and more interesting work" with the right training, but the automation boom could also take low-skilled jobs, which many low-income workers depend on, out of the market."

Much earlier, we had a debate here and I brought to remembrance that the United State sit in power now after outing United Kingdom because they leveraged technology for their deficiency of labour. Unapologetically, history repeats itself and the only ones doom are those unaware of it.

The rise of robots are good because as the robot take over works which requires the repetitive input of human, it frees us up to reach out to our core and explore the advantage which is inherent to us. One of those things is Framing. When we frame we begin to see things at depth and thus push the current level of civilization.

Tekedia Mini-MBA edition 14 (June 3 – Sept 2, 2024) begins registrations; get massive discounts with early registration here.

Tekedia AI in Business Masterclass opens registrations here.

Join Tekedia Capital Syndicate and invest in Africa’s finest startups here.

The very things we see as futuristic are nothing compared to the very things the human minds have potentials to do. 5G, Autonomous Car, etc., are all nothing. The big things of today were written year before now some like AC, Telsa by Nickolai Tesla.

That brings me to Africa. On our path to industrialization, whilst a few may know the path to Eudrado, picking china low skilled jobs is still largely a dogma many African state leader hold. Well with this rise, it is indeed proven that that thought is fallacious and hold no potentials to cause a shift in the state of the Continent. So, it thus imperative that we need to see this as a wakeup call to take things with fierce urgency if we are to make the shifts we want.

And if you think Nigeria is safe in the 4IR, then you need to think again. Whilst a sizable number of Nigerians are willing, the literacy level is till well below something of massive substance.

A poll was done yesterday, and everybody came out to request for mobile phones and laptops as a thing that would take them to their next level. While it turned the giver off, it affirmed to the truth that 95% of Nigeria dont have a laptop- one in which I am shamelessly amongst.

Why does this matter? Well, I wrote a piece to a body on the 4th of this month, and I explain from concrete data that people with a personal laptop have higher tendency towards productivity and easier to pick up new skills. So, in a country where many don't have the tools to work, what does the future hold for it?