DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

The Twitter Lies of a Nation

Nigerian Government Lied When It Said It Reached An Agreement with Twitter – Twitter Files

I am speechless. Does it mean Nigeria was lying to its citizens that it was negotiating with Twitter when the nation did not even have the correct phone numbers? I hope Mr. Lai Mohammed explains. For Twitter, that is a low level for an American company: nothing stopped it from tweeting “We read online that Nigeria is negotiating with Twitter. Please we are not aware of these negotiations”.

Seriously, I believe that Nigeria negotiated with someone since the president put that “win” in his independence day address. The problem, though, is that Nigeria negotiated with “consultants” who lied to it. Hope it gets a refund!!!

The statement from the Twitter executive: “The Nigerian government blocked Twitter in June 2021, then falsely claimed to be in negotiations with Twitter executives; Twitter’s failure to correct the false record on many reported non-existent discussions with the Nigerian government permitted Nigeria to negotiate unilaterally through media and dictate unfavourable terms for final resolution,” - Twitter’s former security head, Peiter Mudge Zatko

Tekedia Mini-MBA edition 14 (June 3 – Sept 2, 2024) begins registrations; get massive discounts with early registration here.

Tekedia AI in Business Masterclass opens registrations here.

Join Tekedia Capital Syndicate and invest in Africa’s finest startups here.