DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

The Vice President's BOLD Message to CBN, SEC

From Nigeria's Vice President Yemi Osinbajo on how he sees the CBN ban of cryptocurrency and Bitcoin; “I fully appreciate the strong position of the CBN, SEC, and some of the anti-corruption agencies on the possible abuses of cryptocurrencies and their other well-articulated concerns, but I believe that their position should be the subject of further reflection.

“There is a role for regulation here. And it is in the place of both our monetary authorities and SEC to provide a robust regulatory regime that addresses these serious concerns without killing the goose that might lay the golden eggs. So it should be thoughtful and knowledge-based regulation not prohibition.

"The point I am making is that some of the exciting developments we see call for prudence and care in adopting them, but we must act with knowledge and not fear,”

Tekedia Mini-MBA edition 14 (June 3 – Sept 2, 2024) begins registrations; get massive discounts with early registration here.

Tekedia AI in Business Masterclass opens registrations here.

Join Tekedia Capital Syndicate and invest in Africa’s finest startups here.

Thank you Mr. Vice President. Please dial Governor Godwin Emefiele and pass this message directly. Nigeria must offer choices to its young people. Coinbase, a leading crypto exchange is going public in New York which means the market and US SEC have blessed the sector!

Uploaded files:
tcokolo has reacted to this post.
tcokolo