DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

When Microsoft Pays $68.7 billion for Gaming!

Microsoft to Acquire Video Game Company Activision Blizzard Following EU Approval

I have this conviction that Africa's finest companies have not been born. Yes, many things are still in latent phases, unlocked for the markets. In my village of Ovim, Abia State, there're games. But when I read that Microsoft is paying  $68.7 billion to acquire Activision Blizzard, a video game making company,  it reminds me how far we have to go.

Yes, one company is bringing some toys and games home, and spending that kind of money which can power Nigeria's national government for two years, reminding everyone what awaits for Nigeria ahead, if we just #build and #lead well!

European regulators will allow Microsoft to move forward with its acquisition of video game publisher Activision Blizzard, The New York Times reports. E.U. officials on Monday greenlit "what would be the largest tech deal in two decades," after negotiating concessions to ensure that games developed by Activision, including the immensely popular Call of Duty, would remain available on rival platforms to Microsoft's Xbox console. While the news is a positive development for LinkedIn's parent company, the future of the proposed megamerger is still in doubt as both British and U.S. regulators remain opposed to the $69 billion takeover. (LinkedIn News)