DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

You Need Internet Sales, But Not Ecommerce Business

Yesterday, I wrote that Nigerian entrepreneurs should avoid ecommerce. I noted that it remains a hopeless sector to make profit. And none would make one for a long-time. Yet, I did note that you must expand your internet distribution channels for extra revenue. It seems I did not explain that well as many InMails arrived for clarifications.

Someone on LinkedIn bailed me out with better explanation when he commented "If it is e-Commerce in the sense of a marketplace platform like Jumia or Konga then yes..avoid it. But it makes sense for a startup business to have a robust web presence that will include selling online. It is very advisable for new businesses to engage in such a B2C [business to customer] e-Commerce model to boost customer engagement, market penetration and product sales."

That makes it very clear. You need internet sales but ecommerce is a flashy way to waste money unless you have physical stores to link it.

Tekedia Mini-MBA edition 14 (June 3 – Sept 2, 2024) begins registrations; get massive discounts with early registration here.

Tekedia AI in Business Masterclass opens registrations here.

Join Tekedia Capital Syndicate and invest in Africa’s finest startups here.