President Buhari has appointed the Group General Manager, Crude Oil Marketing Division (COMD) of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Mele Kolo Kyari, as the new Group Managing Director (GMD). According to Premium Times, Mr Kyari will take over from the incumbent GMD, Maikanti Baru, who retires next month. Seven Chief Operating Officers (COOs) were also appointed; names below.
President Buhari has directed that the New GMD and the newly appointed Chief Operating Officers work with the current occupiers of the various offices till July 7, 2019, towards a smooth transition on July 8, 2019, when their appointments would take effect to ensure a smooth transition.
However, the appointment of Farouk Garba Said (North West), who is replacing a retiring Chief Operating Officer, is effective from June 28, 2019.
The newly appointed Chief Operating Officers are:
1. Roland Onoriode Ewubare (South-South) – Chief Operating Officer, Upstream
2. Mustapha Yinusa Yakubu (North Central) – Chief Operating Officer Refining and Petrochemicals
3. Yusuf Usman (North East) – Chief Operating Officer, Gas and Power
4. Lawrencia Nwadiabuwa Ndupu (South East), Chief Operating Officer Ventures
5. Umar Isa Ajiya (North West) – Chief Financial Officer
6. Adeyemi Adetunji (South West) – Chief Operating Officer, Downstream and
7. Farouk Garba Said (North West) – Chief Operating Officer, Corporate Services.
1. Advance your career with Tekedia Mini-MBA (Sept 13 – Dec 6, 2021): 140 global faculty, online, self-paced, $140 (or N50,000 naira). Click and register here.
2. Click to join Tekedia Capital Syndicate and own a piece of Africa’s finest startups with a minimum of $10,000 investment.