We will be covering the 2019 Nigeria Governorship and State House of Assembly Election with live results once voting closes. This table will be updated as the results arrive.
As always after the fighting, there will always be men “elected” to become governors. Here is the class starting in 2019. Governorship elections did not hold in seven states in this round: Edo, Kogi, Ondo, Ekiti, Anambra, Osun and Bayelsa. Bauchi, Benue, Sokoto, Adamawa and Plateau remain inconclusive while Rivers has election frozen. Kano,
Imo (PDP) and Taraba (PDP) States yet to be called.
- A former deputy speaker of the House of Representatives, Emeka Ihedioha (PDP), has been declared winner of the governorship election in Imo State.
- INEC declares PDP’s Governor Ishaku winner of Taraba governorship election
- Re-election: El-Rufai thanks supporters, promises better days
- PDP rejects governorship election results in Kaduna
- PDP rejects Borno governorship election result
- INEC declares Kano governorship election inconclusive
- INEC declares Benue governorship election inconclusive
- PDP claims victory in Bauchi, attacks INEC for declaring governorship election inconclusive
- It’s Official: APC’s Muktar Idris wins Zamfara governorship election
- Ortom Poised To Win Benue Governorship Election
- El-Rufai Wins Kaduna Governorship Election
- Ayade Wins Re-Election As Governor Of Cross River
- Elections: Collation suspended in Kano after result sheet of pending LG is torn. In Kano, the PDP candidate has so far scored 960,004 votes, Mr Ganduje of the APC has 953,522 votes.
- The governorship candidate of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) in Ogun State, Dapo Abiodun, has emerged the winner of the governorship election held on Saturday.
- APC Maintains Lead In Borno, Wins 24 Declared LGAs Results
- The incumbent governor of Akwa Ibom State, Udom Emmanuel, has won re-election for a second term. Mr Emmanuel of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) was announced the winner of the governorship election, at about 12:27 a.m. on Monday, in Uyo by the state returning officer, Faraday Orunmwense,
- The Peoples Democratic Party has garnered a majority of the seats at the Oyo State House of Assembly. It won 26 of the total assembly seats, while the ruling APC managed to win five of the seats
- PDP Rejects Suspension Of Electoral Process In Rivers
- Abuja: INEC Declares Kwali Council Elections Inconclusive
- Bauchi Election Declared Inconclusive. PDP in lead as INEC declares Bauchi’s election inconclusive
- Sokoto Governorship Election Declared Inconclusive.
- PDP in lead as INEC declares Adamawa governorship election inconclusive
- Plateau State election declared inconclusive
- Governor Masari of APC re-elected for second term in Katsina
- PDP In Lead As INEC Declares Adamawa Governorship Election Inconclusive
- Governor Ikpeazu (PDP) wins second term in Abia
- Seyi Makinde (PDP) wins Oyo State
- It’s official: David Umahi (PDP) wins Ebonyi governorship election
- APM rejects Ogun governorship poll results
- Benue: Ortom (PDP) leads as INEC announces results for 19 LGs
- Saraki congratulates Kwara governor-elect, Abdulrahman Abdulrasaq (APC)
- Tambuwal maintains lead, wins six additional LGAs
- After 11 LGs, PDP leads Plateau governorship poll
- It’s Official: APC’s Sanwo-Olu wins Lagos governorship
- Benue Governorship: PDP loses in David Mark’s local govt
- It’s Official: APC wins Gombe governorship election
- PDP’s Fintiri leads in Adamawa after 18 out of 21 LGAs declared
- PDP’s Ikpeazu set to be declared winner of Abia governorship election
- Jigawa Governor Wins Reelection
- APC Declared Kwara Governor-Elect
- It’s Official: APC’s Sanwo-Olu Wins Lagos Governorship
- PDP’s Seyi Makinde On Course To Win Oyo Governorship Election
- INEC suspends all electoral processes in Rivers
- Kaduna Governorship: APC leads in seven out of 11 local govts declared
- Sokoto Governorship: Tambuwal in early lead; wins 5 of 6 LGAs
- Kaduna Governorship: PDP’s Isa Ashiru loses own local government
- Kogi Speaker re-elected in Kabba/Bunu LGA
- Kaduna state Governorship – KAURA LG
APC – 8, 342
PDP – 38, 764
- The Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom, has defeated his closest rival, Emmanuel Jime, at his polling unit in Gbajimba, Guma Local Government Area. Mr Ortom of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) polled 732 votes to beat Mr Jime of the All Progressives Congress (APC) who polled zero votes
- Hadiza Balarabe, the running mate to the Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, won her polling unit for the All Progressives Congress (APC). Ms Balarabe won her polling unit in Sanga Local Government Area of Kaduna State.
- Former Ekiti state Governor, Ayo Fayose, on Saturday failed to deliver his polling unit and ward in his hometown, Afao Ekiti in Irepodun Ifelodun local government area of the state to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). The All Progressives Congress (APC) swept the ward in the House of Assembly election
- Governor Abubakar Bagudu of Kebbi State is sweeping polling units across the state in Saturday’s governorship and legislative elections. The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that this followed the announcement of some results by the Independent National electoral Commission (INEC).
- The Sokoto State Governor, Aminu Tambuwal, won his polling unit in Saturday’s governorship and state assembly elections held in the state, with wide margin. Mr Tambuwal, candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) is seeking reelection.
- Kogi PDP boycotts rescheduled assembly election over alleged insecurity
- Governor Bindow (APC) wins in two local govts announced in Adamawa
- Amaechi-backed AAC wins one local govt in Rivers. Amaechi, minister of Transport, is supporting AAC as APC is banned from contesting in Rivers state
- Ogun Governorship: APC defeats Amosun’s candidate in governor’s local govt. The governor, formerly of APC before suspension few days ago, is supporting a non-APC candidate.
- Kano Governorship: Ganduje (APC) wins in three of four LGs announced so far
- In Kaduna, El-rufai (APC) wins his polling unit. At the end of counting Saturday afternoon, the governor polled 367 votes to massively edge his closest rival, Mr Ashiru (PDP) who had 59
- Prof Osinbajo (APC) won his polling unit for APC governorship unlike the Presidential election which he lost
- Governor Emmanuel (PDP) of Akwa Ibom wins in his polling unit. The result, as announced by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), showed that the PDP scored 468 in the governorship election, while the All Progressives Congress (APC) scored zero.
Sources: PR Times, BBC