This could be the next big thing out of Africa – Rlabs. They will be hosting a social change workshop this May in South Africa.
The “new web” has transformed the way people connect and social media platforms have become an essential part of the organizational and business strategies. These technologies can be useful for businesses as strategic tools for engagement, relationship building with stakeholders and communities, networking and fundraising. With millions of users on social media in South Africa alone and over a billion worldwide across various platforms (PCs, Mobile phones etc.) this is an opportunity for businesses to share with the masses using FREE tools available to support the vision of such businesses.
This one day training “hands-on” workshop will cover the following areas:
1. Background to Social Media and tools such as blogs, wikis, micro-blogs, wikis, and multimedia file-sharing sites
2. Provide guidelines to how your business can utilise and reap the benefits of social media
3. Practical opportunities for participants to engage with some of the Social Media tools
4. Social Media and mobile phones
• Understanding of Social Media and its context
• Identified tools that could be integrated into the business sector to support its vision and objectives
• Introductory level of hands-on experience using social media tools
• To use mobile phones as possible social media devices
• Understand the importance of Social media for Businesses
All required equipment will be provided for the workshop and this includes all refreshments for the day. The price of the workshop is R500.00 for the day or RSVP your seat [email protected] with the code RLABS SMTraining by the 16 May 2011.
Date: 30 May 2011
Time: 8:30am – 16:00
Address: RLabs , 66 Tarentaal Road, Bridgetown,Athlone, 7764