Mary Meeker’s annual State of the Internet report is out. There is nothing new – China and U.S. run the web of business. Europe makes the tough laws because it has few key creative participants to hurt. Africa provides the IP addresses to help the U.S. firms get more valuations from Wall Street. That is it – nothing has changed. Yet, if you have more time, read below:
- Image is now a big way to communicate.
- Twitter and Amazon are making small in-roads into the Facebook-Google ad duopoly
- Some 51 percent of the world — 3.8 billion people —are now on the web.
- 7 of the 10 most valuable companies in the world are tech firms. The non-techs are bolded.
- Berkshire Hathaway
- Johnson & Johnson
- E-commerce is now 15 percent of retail sales.
- Out of the top 25 most valuable tech firms in U.S., 60% were founded by 1st or 2nd generation immigrants.
Read the report here: https://www.bondcap.com/report/itr19/13---
1. Advance your career with Tekedia Mini-MBA (Sept 13 – Dec 6, 2021): 140 global faculty, online, self-paced, $140 (or N50,000 naira). Click and register here.
2. Click to join Tekedia Capital Syndicate and own a piece of Africa’s finest startups with a minimum of $10,000 investment.