Yemi Osinbajo, the Acting President of Nigeria, has approved the appointment of 14 Chief Medical Directors and Medical Directors in Federal Teaching Hospitals, Federal Medical Centres and Specialty Hospitals in Nigeria.
This was disclosed in an approval letter signed by the Deputy Chief of Staff to the Acting President and addressed to the Minister of Health, Isaac Adewole.
According to a press statement by the ministry, the appointments take immediate effect for a four-year tenure and are in two categories.
The new chief executive officers and their health facilities are:
- Bisala Ekele (University of Abuja Teaching Hospital, Gwagwalada)
- V.A. Osiatuma (Federal Medical Centre, Asaba)
- Idris Suleiman (Federal Medical Centre, Birnin Kudu)
- Abdus Musa (Federal Medical Centre, Abeokuta)
- O.O. Alabi (Federal Medical Centre, Lokoja)
- Adejuwon Dada (Federal Medical Centre, Ebute-Metta, Lagos)
- Ibrahim Wakawa (Federal Neuropsychiatric Hospital, Maiduguri)
- O.C. Ogun (Federal Neuropsychiatric Hospital, Lagos)
- Shehu Sale (Federal Neuropsychiatric Hospital, Sokoto)
The five that will be serving their second tenure are;
- A.Z. Mohammed (Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital, Kano)
- Anthony Igwegbe (Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital, Nnewi)
- Wiza Inusa (Federal Medical Centre, Jalingo)
- Joseph Okegbe (Federal Psychiatric Hospital, Calabar)
- Sunday Olotu (Federal Neuropsychiatric Hospital, Uselu, Benin-City)