Ask anyone out there, ”what is the best department in the home?”
I bet you will agree with me that it is the kitchen. There’s one thing that I know about my mom, she doesn’t joke with her kitchen. Meaning, you have to follow the rules and regulations that guide her office.
My mom is of the strong belief that your kitchen must be in the best shape in terms of cleanliness and orderliness. I definitely agree with her on this especially when you remember that the fastest way to a man’s heart is through the mouth, likewise, the easiest way to a man’s grave is also through the mouth.
Since the food we eat comes from the kitchen, then we have to give it the utmost respect and treat with great importance.
The size of the kitchen can help to make it healthy. In terms of ventilation and spacing. It doesn’t matter what size your kitchen is, or how many people are going to be in it. A kitchen that’s poorly arranged can lead to frustration and traffic jams. Likewise, it can harbour all sorts of germs that may infect the whole house.
Kitchen design is much more important than merely the colour of your cupboards or the kind of door handles you would like. If you design your kitchen with a layout that works well, you’ll make cooking in your new kitchen an absolute pleasure and also, it will be admired by your visitors.
Below are five kitchen layout mistakes you ought to avoid:
- Obstructing the Kitchen Triangle: Specialists refer to the sink, stove, and refrigerator as the kitchen triangle; the area of greatest activity that needs careful designing and open access. Of the three, the sink usually sees the most action; it ought to have quick access to the stove and refrigerator, as well as your countertop workstations. Regardless of your kitchen’s size or layout, the total of all the legs in a work triangle mustn’t be less than ten feet or greater than twenty-five feet. If the work triangle is just too little, individuals are going to be tripping over each other; if it’s too large, food preparation might be an exhausting task.
- Wasting Storage Space: Kitchens typically contain lots of stuff. Not only that, but items are often hidden behind kitchen cupboards such as food processors or stand mixers. Finding a home for your appliances whereas keeping them simply accessible will be tough. If your kitchen is tiny, think about installing additional-long higher cupboards with molding for extra space for storing. Always install cupboards over the refrigerator; not utilizing this area could be a waste of space for storing for giant or seasonal kitchen items.
- Inadequate Counter Space: One of the most important complaints regarding kitchen design is the lack of counter space. Considering all the kitchen activities that need a countertop, as well as appliances that are permanently placed there, you would like to fit the maximum amount of open surface area in a kitchen as possible. This will be achieved by adding an island or breakfast bar to an L-shaped kitchen.
- Poor Lighting: The kitchen is one area where you can’t afford to have poor lighting. It’s not solely a matter of style and atmosphere but also safety when it involves handling sharp knives and different kitchen tools. Remember, little children can be playful at times. A poor lightened kitchen may not be safe for the kids, especially at night. Plus, the more light you have got within the room, the better you’ll be able to show off your design components. For your kitchen, value the work areas and concentrate on providing every spot with the light it needs.
- Forgoing a Backsplash: When budgeting or designing a brand new kitchen or remodel, the backsplash sometimes slips to the end of the list. Occasionally, it’s left out of the set up altogether. This might save you cash within the short term, however within the a long time, it will cost you a great deal of your time and energy. But in the end, it will be worth it.
There’s far more than just aesthetics to take into thought once you’re designing your kitchen. There should be a breathing space while you are preparing your food in the kitchen. Avoid the above-mentioned mistakes and have a perfect and healthy kitchen layout.