Apps World is here in Africa; June 1-2, 2011, Cape Town, South Africa
Apps World Africa 2011 – Models, Strategies, Technologies, Development and Marketing of Apps & Mobile Money
“From mobile banking, SMS chatting to stock market updates and sharing photos through mobile phones, the catalogue of mobile applications in Africa seems to be growing by the day. Thanks to the mobile phone penetration which has heavily outstripped PC penetration, availability of affordable bandwidth and the demand to do more than voice and text on the mobile phone.” – African e-Development Resource Centre
In Africa, the potential for Apps go far beyond games, entertainment and publishing. With a total population of just over one billion, infrastructure is lacking throughout the continent especially in the areas of health, agriculture, banking, education and more. Apps are being touted as one of the solutions.
The potential of apps to change the landscape of Africa is boundless. Increased literacy, widespread access to healthcare, farming and agricultural aids and more is being facilitated by mobile apps.
Apps World Africa 2011, a two day event taking place on the 1st & 2nd June 2011 at the Cape Town Convention Centre, has been designed to create a unique platform to bring together the next generation of this rapidly developing sector in Africa. The event of choice for the region’s App Developers, Network Operators, OS Vendors, Brand & Marketing Managers and Technology Providers; looking to connect, build partnerships and network whilst becoming educated and inspired by the latest developments within this exciting industry.
----Available to speak in your event, program or company
Topics covered at the show include:
– Operator case studies – models and business models of app related own labels, and app store partnerships and liaisons
– Handsets – which has the most compelling offering in this market
– Developers in the region – challenges and success stories
– Mobile money – rise of mobile money apps and how these interact with the banking sector
– Apps for public services and health – is this really the answer for Africa?
– m-commerce for agriculture – mobilising the farming community through apps
– m-Education – increasing literacy through apps-
– Apps for marketing & brand building – experiences of leading African brands with app related campaigns
---Visit our Store for my books, cases, frameworks and more. Now, enjoy our consolidated subscription for all contents (past, present and future).
-- We offer Advisory Services (tech, strategy & Africa).