Over the last few years, Africa has proven its capacity to reinvent itself through better governance and economics structures. It has a very young population with a dynamic business environment. The local businesses have become more innovative and corporate governance has improved. It is increasingly developing capability in critical areas of technology with some African engineers providing innovative solutions to global challenges.
Yet, Africa does not have any considerable share of the global outsourcing market. Europe and North America are not looking at Africa despite our comparative low wage and democratic institutions when compared to Asia. Accordingly, we think there is a need to develop this business and position the redesign that is taking place in the continent to the world.
We have done initial feasibility study and noted that the continent is ready. We have networks of firms that are credible and can handle most joint ventures. Most private universities and selected public universities graduates are well trained and ready. We have data and we will provide them to help realize this goal. We want the world to engage talented Africans in critical areas of technology and business in general.
So we need help in the following areas:
- A business model to help bring outsourcing to Africa. It may not be very hi-tech today, but we are ready for ethical clinical trials, packaging, data entry, CRM support, local consulting, etc.
- Develop an execution strategy that is fluidic and adaptive to Africa and its conditions.
- Link us to reputable global network that will us position African firms to growing international opportunities. We need contacts to China, US, Europe, Latin America and indeed all parts of the world. Where is the network that supports outsourcing and joins ventures? We need that entrance.
- A world-class website, communication and brand plan to help change the perception and move businesses to look for opportunities in Africa.
- Get international institutions connect to African schools for research and grant making in a more direct and less bureaucratic way. We help you link to experts and connect both to do business and technical research. The website will present this option clearly to clients.
- “Today, we need people who understand Asia, European and American businesses. We need website designers and builders. Networked business icons. Consultants that are experts in creating things from zero. Together we will establish a one stop platform where outsourcing will reach Africa.
We see this as a website and a strong networking strategy with seasoned experts as the faces to tell the world that Africa is here for the outsourced jobs.