DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

NCC's Emergency Communications Centres

I like Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) because it is a functioning government agency. It seems to have good luck in hosting decent Nigerian citizens as heads. I personally want to commend the leadership for moving fast in the Emergency Communications Centres (ECC) across the nation.

All telecom operators will be mandated to route emergency calls through the dedicated three-digit toll free number, 112, from each state to the emergency centre within that state. The operators, who are resident in the ECC will then process the distress call and contact the relevant Emergency Response Agency (e.g. Fire Service, Police, FRSC, Ambulance, etc.) whose primary duty is to handle the case.

Yes, in the 21st century, only about six states out of 37 (with Abuja) have functioning emergency systems in Nigeria. Without these systems, people cannot reach the police, fire and other emergency institutions easily. Sure, you may argue that calling them is immaterial since they would not come. For me, I do read stories of brave policemen that died saving their fellow citizens. Simply, we need ECC in Nigeria. This is not stone age.

eugene.ambass has reacted to this post.
eugene.ambass