DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Apple Music announces Qing Madi as the next Up Next artist for Nigeria

Hey, music lovers! I have some exciting news for you. Apple Music has just announced that Qing Madi, the rising star of Afrobeat, is the next Up Next artist for Nigeria. This means that Qing Madi will get a global spotlight on Apple Music, including a short documentary and interview.

As a native of Benin City, Qing Madi began her professional journey by participating in school talent shows and singing in the church choir. Her exceptional vocal capabilities earned her a spot in the adult choir, despite her young age.

Recognizing the unique nature of Qing Madi’s talent, her mother enrolled her in a local ballet academy as a means to foster her creativity outside of school. It proved to be an incredibly savvy move as Qing Madi won several dance awards, and the classes helped foster her musical gifts as she learnt how to memorize lyrics and identify her sound.

If you haven't heard of Qing Madi yet, you're missing out. She is a talented singer and songwriter who blends traditional Nigerian rhythms with modern pop and hip-hop influences. Her debut "Journey" was released in September and has been praised by critics and fans alike.

Nigerian singer and songwriter Qing Madi did release a tribute song for Mohbad titled “Journey.”

She said, “The recent passing of a gem has given me a reality check. No one is going to be here forever. Not even those that have done the best. Nobody knows when the ticking bomb will explode. They just know the timer has begun. I wrote this song based on how I was feeling. RIP IMOLE.”

Influenced heavily by her heritage and the lyrical genius of Kendrick Lamar, Qing Madi’s debut single 'See Finish' (2022) saw her blend Afrobeats, pop, soul and R&B, laying the foundation for the fusion type of music she was keen to create as the single went viral on TikTok and peaked at #51 on Apple Music’s Nigeria Top 100 songs chart.

Her latest single 'Journey' (2023), available to stream on Apple Music, in an Afrobeats call to the dancefloor, layered atop R&B-soaked vocal lines, and reinforces her presence as a name to remember.

Qing Madi is not only a musical genius, but also a social activist. She uses her platform to raise awareness and funds for various causes, such as education, health, and environmental issues. she is also a vocal supporter of the #EndSARS movement, which protests against police brutality and corruption in Nigeria.

Qing Madi is definitely an artist to watch beyond. She is breaking boundaries and creating waves with her unique sound and message. I can't wait to see what she does next. Congratulations, Qing Madi, on being the next Up Next artist for Nigeria!

If you want to listen to Qing Madi's music and learn more about her, head over to Apple Music and check out his Up Next playlist. You won't regret it!

Uploaded files: