DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Business Models for Non-Neutral Web

This is the day. Yes, in few hours we will know if the web as we know it will change.  The United States FCC (their own NCC) is expected to repeal elements of the net neutrality protections which Obama administration put in place. Possibly, a repeal will make the internet non-open and unfair, allowing cable companies to slow or speed up traffic to websites and apps as they wish.

I think FCC will APPROVE to kill net neutrality. That will be a signature achievement of Trump in dismantling anything Obama put hands. (I expect people to challenge such an outcome in the court, nevertheless).

The question now is this: if the web neutrality is killed, what are the potential new business opportunities that entrepreneurs can take advantage of. Let us assume that MTN and Glo follow and do that, what business can someone do in Nigeria to take advantage of the new traffic paradigm?

Tekedia Mini-MBA edition 14 (June 3 – Sept 2, 2024) begins registrations; get massive discounts with early registration here.

Tekedia AI in Business Masterclass opens registrations here.

Join Tekedia Capital Syndicate and invest in Africa’s finest startups here.

There will be chaos, but in the moments I expect new business models or systems to evolve. Any idea what those new business models could be.  I know that aggregation construct business models may be challenged. But I also believe that new business frictions will see new business processes. They will kill net neutrality; now is the time to think how to position in the new web era.

You predicted right. Now we need to explore the opportunities