DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Connecting with Your Customers

One of my seniors in FUTO – Ezeoba – won the Engineering School Student Association Presidency. I was preparing to run for a position in my department’s student association [Society of Electrical & Electronics Engineering Students]. All my competitors were higher in the class but I was confident I could win.

As we progressed on the campaigns, I was not doing well. Then, I went to Ezeoba and asked him how I could turn this campaign around. He told me “Listen, you need to call people by their names when you want their votes. If you call a student by his or her name, you would get attention. Stop the Hi and Hello”.

That was it – I went back and did as he said. Some students thought I knew them very well to have known their names.  They assisted and shared my posters. And on the Manifesto Night [the day you deliver your vision], I put a very good speech. I won and became the Director of Research.

Tekedia Mini-MBA edition 14 (June 3 – Sept 2, 2024) begins registrations; get massive discounts with early registration here.

Tekedia AI in Business Masterclass opens registrations here.

Join Tekedia Capital Syndicate and invest in Africa’s finest startups here.

We built a campus radio station, with 18-hour broadcast managed by the best Director of Socials, the peerless Osita. Then, Nigerian govt fearing our innocent student funs could turn out into mutiny closed it.

Yes, the same way they lock up boys that develop local refineries in Warri instead of supporting them to improve their technologies. Nigeria breaks hearts but that is our nation.

Nonetheless, connect with your customers by knowing them better.