DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

DealDey... Like MMM

Image result for dealdey nigeria

DealDey... Like MMM

Woke up in January 2019 and DealDey Nigeria had shut down its site!

Just like that with depositors funds gone and its six months later no one has asked where has the money gone.. How am I going to be refunded my money?

Tekedia Mini-MBA edition 14 (June 3 – Sept 2, 2024) begins registrations; get massive discounts with early registration here.

Tekedia AI in Business Masterclass opens registrations here.

Join Tekedia Capital Syndicate and invest in Africa’s finest startups here.

They shut down with my money in the e-Wallet of my profile. Just like me, I presume many other users of the DealDey site also had their monies shut or gone with the site.

The Need for eCommerce regulation in Nigeria

Since there is no eCommerce regulation in Nigeria. DealDey shut the site down with buyers' funds intact; as such they cleared all the monies together and left!

No regulator, No EFCC, No asking .. just buyers' monies gone through the electronic wallets that housed the money!

Imagine 1000 people (which we know is more than that) still had N4000 in their DealDey wallets when they shut down it means they left with a whopping N4,000,000.00 unchecked and unaccounted for.

NDIC-Like structure or an Arbitration Panel for eCommerce in Nigeria.

There has to be an NDIC-like body that insures the users of the eCommerce sites in Nigeria because just like DealDey whose founder also found or set-up Konga... Konga may also just wake and shut down its site with customers eWallet funds gone too.

As i write many subscription and aggregation sites in Nigeria can shut down and may not have delivered up-to-date service as at when they shut down and consumers will be the losers.

Today it may be the consumers tomorrow's surprise hit may be on the supplier!

We have deleted the extra ones - sorry for the trouble. The Plugin has been unable to fix that issue