DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Emeka Ike returns to big screen in Toyin Abraham's 'Malaika'.

Fans of Nollywood actor Emeka Ike are in for a treat as he is set to make his comeback to the big screen in Toyin Abraham's upcoming movie 'Malaika'. The veteran actor, who has been away from the industry for a while, will play the role of a wealthy businessman who falls in love with a young woman played by Toyin Abraham.

The movie is Directed by Steve Sodiya, other cast members to expect in this production include Ibrahim ChattaUzor ArukweOdunlade AdekolaPelumi OlawuniTaiwo Lyncett, Adesege Adeniji and Ugandan entertainer Anne Kansiime.

According to Abraham, the movie is a passion project that she has been working on for a long time. She said she was inspired by the story of Malaika, a popular Yoruba song that celebrates love and beauty. She also said she was excited to work with Ike, whom she described as a legend and a mentor.

Tekedia Mini-MBA edition 14 (June 3 – Sept 2, 2024) begins registrations; get massive discounts with early registration here.

Tekedia AI in Business Masterclass opens registrations here.

Join Tekedia Capital Syndicate and invest in Africa’s finest startups here.

"I have always admired Emeka Ike as an actor and I am honored to have him on board for this project. He is a legend and a mentor to many of us in the industry. He brings so much experience and charisma to his role and I can't wait for the audience to see our chemistry on screen," she said.

Ike, who has starred in over 200 movies, said he was happy to return to acting after taking a break to focus on his personal life and other ventures. He said he was impressed by Abraham's vision and professionalism, and he enjoyed working with her and the rest of the cast and crew.

"I am glad to be back on the big screen after a long hiatus. I have been busy with other things, but I never stopped loving acting. When Toyin approached me with the script for 'Malaika', I was intrigued by the story and the character. I also liked her passion and dedication to the project. She is a talented actress and producer, and I had fun working with her," he said.

'Malaika' is expected to hit the cinemas on December 22, 2023, and promises to be a hilarious and heartwarming movie that will appeal to lovers of Nollywood comedy and romance.

Uploaded files: