DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Facebook can make cryptocurrency go mainstream

featured image

It seems the Facebook cryptocurrency project is huge. If they execute as everyone is heradling, the social media giant can technically make crypto to go mainstream: "A new WSj report claims the social media giant is launching a crypto-based payment system codenamed "Project Libra" that will include a stablecoin, ability to pay on third party sites, and potential to reward users for viewing ads."

Whenever anyone officially asks, Facebook reiterates its old mantra: It's exploring many different applications of blockchain technology. But as more details about its crypto project emerge, it's starting to look like one of Facebook's most ambitious ideas to date — and one that could finally bring cryptocurrency into the mainstream.

Last time I can remember it took something like few years for them to say that they will do their own search engine. And still nothing so I am not sure how they will develop their own crypto thing honestly. It's just way too much it seems, but I am eager to learn more.

You are right - but search engine they have if you mean internal search within Facebook. I did not know if FB ever planned to develop search that is open like Google's

Tekedia Mini-MBA edition 14 (June 3 – Sept 2, 2024) begins registrations; get massive discounts with early registration here.

Tekedia AI in Business Masterclass opens registrations here.

Join Tekedia Capital Syndicate and invest in Africa’s finest startups here.