DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Fair Shot for Nigerians

My good friend, Chris Hughes, a co-Founder of Facebook, has a new book - Fair Shot. He dropped a note few minutes ago, informing me of the new book. I will read it when it goes on sale this Feb. Checking the book website, these contents got my attention:

Facebook co-founder Chris Hughes makes the case that one percenters like him should pay their fortune forward in a radically simple way: a guaranteed income for working people.

“A guaranteed income would stabilize erratic financial lives and give people extra cash to invest in themselves and their families.” Chris

Is Chris also writing to Nigeria and Nigerians: is his vision a possibility in Nigeria that we can re-engineer the Nigerian contract to make it fairer and more equitable? What would a "guaranteed income" look like in Nigeria? I cannot wait to read more on the core elements of these proposals.

Guaranteed income might not take care of the real issues concerning mankind. It could actually increase the number of those who use drugs and also promote other habits that are harmful to healthy lifestyle. We should be talking about guaranteed opportunities, we need to find a way to keep everyone busy. Giving money to idle minds can't solve anything, other than spending more time on Facebook, wasting away in the process. Liberals have a way of simplifying human nature, sometimes coming up with ideas and 'solutions' that defy natural laws. Life is much more than having some money in the pocket, human dignity is tied to value, which more or less comes from one's contribution to humanity. We live to work, we do not work to live!

Tekedia Mini-MBA edition 14 (June 3 – Sept 2, 2024) begins registrations; get massive discounts with early registration here.

Tekedia AI in Business Masterclass opens registrations here.

Join Tekedia Capital Syndicate and invest in Africa’s finest startups here.