DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Healthcare Racial Discrimination in America

Partner for Roll-out of Medcera Healthcare Solution – Tekedia

Very scary on healthcare in America.

There's a troubling reality in America's health care data: the use of software intended to link patients to treatment is fraught with racial bias. A report from STAT reveals multiple algorithms used by hospitals are "infusing racial bias into decision-making about who should receive stepped-up care." The result? Black and Hispanic patients are being dangerously overlooked for medical treatments while less sick white patients receive services. One case revealed, for example, a white patient was scored four times higher than a Black patient with similar health issues, and the white patient got priority for care.

Prof, this shouldn't be a surprise. It has been happening from time immemorial. If we think all animals are equal in the US as George Orwell's "Animal Farm" said, then we're deceiving ourselves. If you remember the opioid epidemic, minorities are lucky because they deemed them strong enough to bear the pain naturally, hence, no pain killer but just "acetaminophen" but the addictive nature of opium got them destroyed.

I just think we need to do better as human being. If their ancestors created this bias and wicked world system, I don't think it should be hard choice for them to change it and make everyone and the world at large better.

Tekedia Mini-MBA edition 14 (June 3 – Sept 2, 2024) begins registrations; get massive discounts with early registration here.

Tekedia AI in Business Masterclass opens registrations here.

Join Tekedia Capital Syndicate and invest in Africa’s finest startups here.

This world needs to do better. Honestly, I used to read terrible things about Asian hospitals and how they treat Africans. But never thought U.S. is still this way.