DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Improve Your Webinality And Accelerate Your Career Growth

In this digital age, supply is largely unbounded and distribution channels are unconstrained. As I have noted, winning the new business game  requires controlling/influencing demand (i.e. the users) since it is hopeless to try to control supply. Supply of digital products from news, fintech apps, graphic designers, SEO engineers, etc seems infinite these days. If you create one, how do you expect to win? Separation.

Separation means you need to be unique and be you. Simply, in the sea of players, you must be distinguishable and be known for something. If you can accomplish that, the world will reward you.

You cannot be the next Linda Ikeji because she has controlled that world. You need to find your space. People, you need to improve your webinality (webinality = web + personality) if you want to play a key role in this digital economy.

Tekedia Mini-MBA edition 14 (June 3 – Sept 2, 2024) begins registrations; get massive discounts with early registration here.

Tekedia AI in Business Masterclass opens registrations here.

Join Tekedia Capital Syndicate and invest in Africa’s finest startups here.

In this piece, I explain how.

Comment on Feed

Comment: I'm nonplussed by the idea that the supply of digital media "is largely unbounded and distribution channels are unconstrained." Adam Smith's basic supply/demand model would indicate that under such conditions, price asymptotically approaches zero. Therefore, there is no viable business model. Mintzberg's three-segment macro-organizational behavior model says that such activities do not belong in the private (for-profit) sector, but in the plural (non-profit) sector. Yet, digital-media companies (e.g., Meta, Google, etc.) seem Hell-bent on making extraordinary profits! Does this indicate that western society is in need of making that popping sound of correcting a rectal-cranial inversion?

My Response: " Adam Smith's basic supply/demand model would indicate that under such conditions, price asymptotically approaches zero." - that is actually what happens for great digital companies. The best consumer business model must deliver a marginal cost that tends towards near-zero, asymptotically, at time moves to infinity/ or product scales. So, this thesis does not go against Adam Smith postulation. Google Search has that (the raw material is free, all websites); Facebook does (the photos, videos, etc are free), etc.

Western society is fine as it has recognized that Supply is not what dominates now, but controlling and influencing Demand. That is where Twitter, LinkedIn, Google, FB, Snap, etc - they simply manage the users and pick the $$$. Others create for them. I have a video that explains this https://www.tekedia.com/understand-your-marginal-cost/

What is that thing that whenever it's mentioned, your name must pop among the first five names? If your name rarely comes in any conversation, it means that you are still part of the afterthoughts. You must keep raising your hands until you are noticed.