DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Jamie Foxx Details "Tough" Medical Journey in Emotional Speech After Health Scare

Jamie Foxx has opened up about his recent health scare that left him hospitalized for several days. The actor and comedian shared his emotional story in a speech.

Jamie Foxx was overcome with emotion at the Critics' Choice Association Awards Celebration of Cinema & Television Honoring Black, Latino & AAPI Achievements Monday night.

Foxx revealed that he had suffered a severe allergic reaction to a medication he was taking for a chronic condition. He said he started feeling dizzy and nauseous, and then collapsed in his home.

Tekedia Mini-MBA edition 14 (June 3 – Sept 2, 2024) begins registrations; get massive discounts with early registration here.

Tekedia AI in Business Masterclass opens registrations here.

Join Tekedia Capital Syndicate and invest in Africa’s finest startups here.

Jurnee Smollett, who stars with Foxx in The Burial, presented the award to the actor, who grew emotional at the beginning of his speech.

"I want to thank everybody. I've been through something," Foxx said. "I've been through some things."

"You know, it's crazy. I couldn't do things six months ago -- I couldn't actually walk," he added.

Foxx poked fun at rumors that he was cloned before telling the audience that he cherishes "every single moment now."

"It's different," he added. "I wouldn't wish what I went through on my worst enemy, because it's tough when it's almost over. When you see the tunnel -- I saw the tunnel, I didn't see the light."

Foxx was hospitalized for an undisclosed "medical complication" in April.

Foxx gave an update in August, saying he was "finally starting to feel like myself" after the "unexpected dark journey" of his health scare.

The Burial was released on Prime Video in October.

"I was in a bad shape, man. I couldn't breathe, I couldn't move, I couldn't talk. It was the scariest thing I ever experienced in my life," Foxx said. "The doctors told me I was lucky to be alive. They said if I had waited a few more minutes, I would have been gone."

Foxx thanked his family, friends and fans for their support and prayers during his ordeal. He also expressed his gratitude to the medical staff who saved his life. He said he learned a valuable lesson from his near-death experience.

"It made me realize how precious life is, and how we shouldn't take anything for granted. It made me appreciate every moment, every breath, every smile, every laugh. It made me want to live more fully, more passionately, more purposefully," Foxx said.

Foxx said he was determined to overcome his condition and resume his career. He said he was working on several projects, including a biopic, a musical comedy with and a Netflix thriller. He also teased a possible return to stand-up comedy.

"I'm not going to let this stop me. I'm going to keep doing what I love, what I was born to do. I'm going to keep entertaining you, making you laugh, making you cry, making you think," Foxx said. "I'm going to keep being Jamie Foxx."

Uploaded files: