DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Joe Jonas seemingly speaks on divorce with Sophie Turner

Fans of the pop star and the actress were shocked when they announced their divorce last week, after three years of marriage. The couple, who met in {2016} and tied the knot in {2019}, had seemed to be one of the most stable and happy pairs in Hollywood. They welcomed their daughter, Willa, in July {2020} and often shared adorable photos and videos of their family life on social media.

However, sources close to the duo revealed that they had been struggling with some issues for a while, and that they decided to end their relationship amicably and focus on co-parenting their children. Neither of them had spoken publicly about the split until now.

This occurred during the Jonas Brothers tour stop in Los Angeles, held at the Dodgers Stadium. Joe appeared emotional right before it was time to sing the song Hesitate from their {2019} album Happiness Begins, which according to People Magazine was inspired by Turner.

Before beginning the song, Joe urged his fans present to disregard any news that they heard that did not come from him obviously referring to the speculations about his his divorce. He also expressed his gratitude to them for their support.

He said, "It's been a crazy week, I just want to say, if you don't hear it from these lips, don't believe it. Okay? Thank you everyone for your love and support. Me and my family love you guys.”

This comes after TMZ reported that he and Turner were headed towards divorce because the singer had hired divorce lawyers within the Los Angeles county where they live. They also reported that Joe had been in custody of their daughters for the three months he and his brothers Nick and Kevin had been on tour.

Joe then officially filed for divorce on {September 5, 2023}. Based on the documents provided, Joe has asked that he and his the actress establish a parenting schedule and a 'timesharing schedule' for the children.

According to his lawyer, "It is in the best interests of the minor children that the parties have shared parental responsibility." The application demanded that the children's principal residence be in Miami, where they both reside.

After the news went public, Turner and Joe posted a joint statement to their individual Instagram pages, indicating that their divorce was amicable. They also requested privacy from the public during this time

On Monday, Joe Jonas posted a heartfelt message on his Instagram account, where he has over 14 million followers. He thanked his fans for their support and love, and said that he was going through a difficult time. He also expressed his respect and admiration for Sophie Turner, and said that he wished her nothing but the best.

"Hi everyone, I just wanted to say a few words and let you know how I'm doing. As you may have heard, Sophie and I have decided to go our separate ways. This was not an easy decision, and it took us a lot of time and thought to make it. We still love each other very much, and we will always be in each other's lives as friends and parents to our beautiful daughter. She is our priority and our joy, and we will do everything we can to make sure she grows up happy and healthy.

I want to thank you all for your kind messages and comments. They mean a lot to me, especially in these hard times. I'm so grateful for your support and loyalty over the years. You are the best fans in the world, and I appreciate you more than you know.

I also want to say how much I respect and admire Sophie as a person and as an artist. She is one of the most talented, smart, funny, and beautiful women I've ever met. She has taught me so much, and I will always be thankful for the time we spent together. I wish her all the happiness and success in the world, and I hope you will continue to support her as well.

I'm not going to lie, this has been a tough week for me. But I'm trying to stay positive and focus on the good things in life. I have an amazing family, incredible friends, and a wonderful career that I love. I'm also working on some new music that I can't wait to share with you soon. So please stay tuned for that.

Thank you again for being there for me. I love you all. Peace out."

Uploaded files: